Reminder Secure

models just doing it for money

17 April 2013 04:23
moodimage
Photographer

Just wondered how many photographers get models wanting good money just cause the can get nude and are not interested in the modeling side of the deal and don't show much enthusiasm once on set.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
17 April 2013 04:34
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

I think there a couple of aspects to this, I used to work with a model who had an enthusiasm for modelling and yes liked the money but was involved in the shoot. Over time and her doing a lot of work with quite a few photographers, it became clear that sadly she was just going through the motions with no real interest any more, hence why I used the past tense at the start.
Another aspect though are models who are actually very good but it is a job, they are professional, do their part of the job as well as they can, may not always be all that obsessed with seeing the images as they have a pretty good idea how they will look, at the end they go and that's it.

Gerry is off-line
17 April 2013 04:36
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Enthusiasm is a two way street and payment of money alone not a means to obtain it. So many assignments offered to models are just that - get nude for cash. Offering something a bit more interesting and creative to shoot plus being considerate does an awful lot to generate enthusiasm.

There are models who are only in it for the money but they are pretty easy to weed out in any communication
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
17 April 2013 04:38
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Ps it's not at all confined to nude work!

17 April 2013 04:46
bartman11
Photographer

Quote from Gerry99111
Enthusiasm is a two way street and payment of money alone not a means to obtain it. So many assignments offered to models are just that - get nude for cash. Offering something a bit more interesting and creative to shoot plus being considerate does an awful lot to generate enthusiasm. There are models who are only in it for the money but they are pretty easy to weed out in any communication

what gerry said ^^^^^^^^^^^

17 April 2013 05:01
moodimage
Photographer

No but getting nude thinks the can charge 50ph with not effort. It costs us photographers a he'll of a lot of money in equipment to get going and don't think some realize that.

Dave Laurie is off-line
17 April 2013 05:09
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

The question is, "Who's to blame?"

If there weren't plenty of "photographers" around who were prepared to pay to shoot a model with her kit off, then maybe they would have to put more effort in.
If you're a model and people are offering you cash from day one, regardless of experience and ability, then would you see any point in working towards becoming a better model?

Mike Croshaw is off-line
17 April 2013 05:10
Mcroshaw
Photographer
Mcroshaw
Berkshire

The top pro's exude enthusiasm on a shoot, even though obviously they are doing it for money, they also are very creative people who really do want to create the best images they can. I find this extremely important and is one reason I rarely do paid shoots and mostly shoot TF ( that and I'm cheap ). I've experienced the paid shoot where it's clear the model is not interested in the shots and just goes through their standard poses. For some people this is enough, but for others it ruins the creative aspect of a shoot. So if I was going to pay a model for a particular project I'd go the extra mile and book someone I know will provide creative energy to the shoot.

17 April 2013 05:25
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from moodimage
It costs us photographers a he'll (sic) of a lot of money in equipment to get going and don't think some realize that.

The cost of your equipment's of no concern to a model, and why should it be? Do you, for instance, take into consideration the money models spend on clothes (and I'm talking clothes they buy purely for modelling, not those they normally wear)?

17 April 2013 05:25
moodimage
Photographer

I know they are girls out there that spend a lot of money on looking good, on clothes and know how to work it for the camera which is super and should be paid a good rate as they are full time models.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz iestyn Symon1