Danny Barson is off-line
14 April 2013 10:23
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
Nottinghamshire
Sutton-In-Ashfield

Rant alert!
I booked two models for this weekend, one yesterday and one for today. The one yesterday texted 15 mins before the shoot to cancel because of a headache. The other today hasn't even had the descency to phone or text me or reply to my messages.
Does my time not mean anything to you? Is the only person that matters the model? I could have arranged shoots with other models had I known in time that they were not going to show.
If the shoe was on the other foot, and I had to cancel a shoot, I would give you plenty of notice so you could arrange something else.
Rant over...

Purestorm is off-line
14 April 2013 10:33
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Danny, if you booked the models through Purestorm you can leave feedback. See here:-

G14 ~§~ The Feedback System ~§~

As a rule of thumb we find that using the Shoot Diary can significantly reduce No-Shows
though of course there are no guarantees it will
completely stop them happening.

Danny Barson is off-line
14 April 2013 10:40
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
Nottinghamshire
Sutton-In-Ashfield

I had thought of leaving a feedback, but dont want it to look like I am reatliating, but then again, i dont want others to have to have wasted days.

Pixel Sensation is off-line
14 April 2013 10:48
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham/Grantham

I rarely have in the past left bad feedback but i will do now. Been too soft in the past but it does not help me or fellow photographers. Leave the feedback.
Like you say, you could have done something else. Ive done it where i have bought props, outfits, studio, mua and food to be sat there apologising to studio and mua (and my family for wasting a day) :-(
Feel your pain!

WebModerator is a moderator
14 April 2013 11:00
WebModerator
West Sussex
Brighton

Quote from dannybarson
I had thought of leaving a feedback, but dont want it to look like I am reatliating, but then again, i dont want others to have to have wasted days.

Annoying as this is, it is possibly best to allow 24-48 hours to elapse before posting feedback.
Sometimes there can be a valid reason and posting too early can lead to later regrets.

Danny Barson is off-line
14 April 2013 12:30
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
Nottinghamshire
Sutton-In-Ashfield

I wouldn't post anything till at least 24 hours, like you say there may be a valid reason.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
14 April 2013 13:00
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Leave feedback one way or another. Headache is a pathetic excuse migraine well yes perhaps em maybe not quite sure.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
14 April 2013 13:00
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

just out of interest had you touched base 48/24 hours before, i'm finding its at that point if a model is going to cancel they do!

Danny Barson is off-line
14 April 2013 13:28
dannybarson
Photographer
dannybarson
Nottinghamshire
Sutton-In-Ashfield

I had a message last night from the model for todays shoot that they were looking forward to it and would ring me this morning to let me know what time they would be here. No phone call this morning, nor a text or email.

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
14 April 2013 14:06
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

As a general note and I realise a text the night before would sound encouraging, I'd always advise contact 48 hours before, you can gauge a lot by the response or not, for example if its not read after 24 hours by someone who knows they have a shoot book via Purestorm and there email in box will clearly show mail from Purestorm! or read same day but no reply with 24 hours to go, you can then make decisions about aborting the planned session,

I'd keep it confined to emails here where possible but build in as well a Friday night/Saturday night factor touching base 9am the day of the shoot with a 2 hour window for response before cancelling the shoot! I'm not sure where the shoot was but I'd never set off without same day contact with the model, regardless how enthusiastic they were the night before!

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk fashion29 onyx_gem
ad360photo fannmore FlyingShot GerryS2 GH46 Ladiesman MIB moorlane oz_4 pafriend pc9 Peter_d_photography peterh philippahh rembrandt siclews