This thread is being watched by 2 people
Deedee  is off-line
13 April 2013 18:20
QueenDee
Model
QueenDee
London

Hello Models,
i have been modelling for 4 years, & have had a lot of jobs etc, but they have all been scotland orientated.
Ive been saving, & im hoping at the beginning of June i will start travelling through out the UK

i have been looking through out the site for highly experienced photographers as i can be picky with who i work with. not being a diva, but like everyone , i want good pictures in my port folio , so i rarely work with amateurs , as its not the look im looking for for my port.

Just wondering if any models can recommend a photographer to plan something with through my travels.

if you have anyone you can recommend please let me know,

peace & Love!

Dee x

Mansell is off-line
14 April 2013 06:48
Mansell
Photographer
Mansell
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Don't confuse amateurs with poor quality images, many are excellent photographers but just don't do it for a living. Judge people by their port not their status!

Good luck with your proposed tour.
The digital camera is a great invention because it allows us to reminisce. Instantly.

Deedee  is off-line
14 April 2013 07:21
QueenDee
Model
QueenDee
London

Oh I don't dont worry, I always judge people on there work , not how long they have been doing it. I would work with anything if they mail me asking & offer me a rate

14 April 2013 07:29
Socialdisaster
Photographer

So are you looking for recommendations for photographers who you are paying, or who you are going to ask for money?
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Deedee  is off-line
14 April 2013 07:32
QueenDee
Model
QueenDee
London

Haven't said I'm looking for any of them because I'm not. During my travels ill be in most cities for only 2 days max. I was looking for recommended photographers in areas where I haven't been so I can contact them myself

Chrissie Red is off-line
14 April 2013 07:32
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Not got any recommendations as your style differs from mine so what would work for you wouldn't work for me and vice versa.

Just wanted to say travelling needn't have to be expensive - Hell I've travelled to Manchester on the train for cheaper than it would cost me to get a return from Glasgow. My advice is book well in advance and if you are able to be flexible with the dates depending on which dates are cheapest then you can save a packet. I usually book my trains/hotels to visit a few of the bigger English cities then once that part is done I will arrange bookings. A couple of times I've changed my plans at the last minute but mainly its always been the approach I've went for.

I also arranged a little tour with a couple of other models a few years ago - we all shared petrol costs/hotel costs and I think for our week away we only spent about £100 each on the travel and accommodation.

In the past I've tended to always have - Leeds/Birmingham in my schedule as I find there are quite a lot of good photographers based either in the area of not to far away from the area. The first time I travelled I visited - Wolverhampton/Oxford/Bournemouth/Reading and was gone for about 5 weeks altogether, thankfully I saved quite a bit of money by staying with my sister in Reading and used Reading as my base for a month so if you have any aunts/cousins/sisters in England its always worth asking if you can bunk in with them for a couple of days.

Good luck and have fun

14 April 2013 08:08
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from QueenDee
Haven't said I'm looking for any of them because I'm not. During my travels ill be in most cities for only 2 days max. I was looking for recommended photographers in areas where I haven't been so I can contact them myself

My question still stand as valid as you are looking for photographers but arn't clear if you want to pay, be paid or do TF.

You also haven't even stated where you are going. So, if someone recommends a fantastic TF photographer in Glasgow and you only want paid work in Somerset... well, you get the idea. Some detail would help.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Deedee  is off-line
14 April 2013 08:23
QueenDee
Model
QueenDee
London

& my answer still stays valid also lol! im not looking for anything at the moment. im looking to find photographers, Plan something with them & then work. & i havent stated where im going coz wherever im suggested thats where ill go.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
14 April 2013 09:00
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Quote from QueenDee
Oh I don't dont worry, I always judge people on there work , not how long they have been doing it. I would work with anything if they mail me asking & offer me a rate

That's the spirit.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
14 April 2013 09:04
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Quote from QueenDee
...i want good pictures in my port folio , so i rarely work with amateurs...

It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AegeanSoft apogeeimages carshaltonkev gazza32