Reminder Secure

Models wanting images as well as money

This thread is being watched by 2 people
09 April 2013 07:37
SteveSmith
Photographer

Im sure this has been done to death, but couldnt find much on "search".

When having a paid shoot, how may models assume that they will be getting the / some images as well.

I mean, I dont mind sending a couple, as a momento, but its the assumption that gets me.

JackR is off-line
09 April 2013 07:47
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
West Midlands
Burntwood

There is a new breed of 'model' who assume photographers not only owe them a living, but should also provide them with an additional free service.

WHY?

Because there are a million + 1 GWCs who are more than willing to pay them and also provide images. More fool both... You get what you pay for.

Daniela is off-lineSilver Member
09 April 2013 11:13
DanielaMoreno1975
Model
DanielaMoreno1975
Leicestershire
Oakham

when ive been paid i dont expect images, although some will kindly give you some anyway.I have also done many TFP and not get the prints, but you just move on!
Yes.....i have Four Children!!

09 April 2013 11:22
JadedRed
Model

Quote from SteveSmith
but its the assumption that gets me.

Then it would make sense to make that clear before the shoot.

Neil Anderson is off-line
09 April 2013 11:29
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from SteveSmith
Im sure this has been done to death, but couldnt find much on "search".

When having a paid shoot, how may models assume that they will be getting the / some images as well.

I mean, I dont mind sending a couple, as a momento, but its the assumption that gets me.

Certainly has been done to death. If it bothers you make sure models know your position in pre-comms - moaning on here just suggests an amateurish attitude.
Or people might think you just wanted to give the Jack Russell an opening for his usual defensive drivel on how his life has been ruined by people paying models.

Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

09 April 2013 11:29
Tansy_Blue
Model

Most experienced models know that images after a paid shoot are a bonus, not a right.

If it's really bothering you just clarify in pre-shoot comms - "I'm offering £x for this shoot; please note that I do not offer images in addition to payment".

If she asks after that, just refer back to your previous email.

End of problem.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

09 April 2013 11:31
JadedRed
Model

Quote from stolenfacesOr people might think you just wanted to give the Jack Russell an opening for his usual defensive drivel on how his life has been ruined by people paying models.

Ha.

Lee Churchill is off-line
09 April 2013 11:36
Vagra
Photographer
Vagra
Wiltshire
Chippenham

Quote from Jack_Russell
There is a new breed of 'model' who assume photographers not only owe them a living, but should also provide them with an additional free service. 

Like the TFP Casting I replied to, only to have the model slowly turn the tables and request payment, go figure!

Do it because you want to, not because you have to

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
09 April 2013 11:41
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

I guess it depends upon whether you have enough experience to negotiate successfully with a twenty-year old kid.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
09 April 2013 11:52
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Worth reading before booking the next model...

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/a/improving-assertiveness
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD harryking kategrimsby RoxyMendez ryansd
andrewf antoinewynn chicimages D_H_P dannyrich david1500 djb1 dorrian GGDP_Photography gperl ignite Ladiesman mlp parafotos penfold10 psn skymouse Thunder_Photos
harbourstudio