08 April 2013 18:05
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from stevephot
Yes you did ...you said you laughed.

That is why thankfully most people on here called you a complete twit (or words to that effect).

Why not find the post to prove me wrong?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

08 April 2013 18:07
Jackass
Photographer

Quote from carshaltonkev
It comes as no surprise to me that your user name is Jackass.  

And it comes as no surprise to me that you argue your point with peurility
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

08 April 2013 18:08
stevephot
Photographer

I tell you what you go and find it and prove me wrong.

Dont blame me..i voted for the other lot :)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 April 2013 18:08
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from stevephot
I tell you what you go and find it and prove me wrong.

RedChecker is a naughty person coward
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

08 April 2013 18:12
stevephot
Photographer

Quote from RedChecker
stevephot is a naughty person coward

Wow, weird response...if someone had just made me look a twit im sure i would be trying to prove them wrong.

Do you still live wth your mother by the way..just a side discussion as i think its important to know about your life experiences.

08 April 2013 18:14
Jackass
Photographer

And to those who say she ruined the country, what exactly was the state of the country when she came to power? Who was responsible for that? The unions played their part in decimating UK manufacturing with their greedy excessive demands, making the UK totally unable to compete with emerging Eastern economies that laughed at the socially legislative economic suicide we were committing. It's just too easy to blame someone else though.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

08 April 2013 18:16
stevephot
Photographer

Quote from Jackass
And to those who say she ruined the country, what exactly was the state of the country when she came to power? Who was responsible for that? The unions played their part in decimating UK manufacturing with their greedy excessive demands, making the UK totally unable to compete with emerging Eastern economies that laughed at the socially legislative economic suicide we were committing. It's just too easy to blame someone else though.

We had 70% employment in manufacturing prior to Thatcher and only 25% at the end of the tory term of power.....so intrested to know how you work that one out.

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
08 April 2013 18:45
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

Quote from Jackass

Yeah yeah yeah it was all the workers and the unions fault. What we needed was a really tough PM who could crush the workers and the unions and everything would be fine? Or so the right wing media would have led us to believe!

And what happened? Mass unemployment. Communities destroyed. The only thing that saved the country from economic disaster under Thatcher was North Sea oil and gas coming onstream. The timing was great for Thatcher. A get out of jail free card.

Surely only an exceptionally arrogant Prime Minister would have the audacity to bring in the Poll Tax and think that the population of the UK would tolerate taxation so blatantly unfair that the dirt poor had to pay the same as billionaires?! We are quite a passive nation, but in the end enough was enough. And yet no doubt over the next few days and weeks we will be told time and time again that Thatcher was the best post-war Prime Minister and equally glowing praise.  

As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

08 April 2013 18:54
shapeman
Photographer

Yes a true Brit, however my Fateher was in the NWT&G workers plus TUC. REALLY disliked the Woman.

Quote from pompeytog
R.I.P. Mrs T. She did what had to be done for the good of the Country and with a real sense of duty rather than what could she get out of it. Unlike some of the idiots of recent times. She was a truly Great Briton.

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. John Lennon

GCImages is off-line
08 April 2013 19:17
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Gobsmacked at some of the views expressed on here.  Dissappointented.

The alternatives were Michael Foot,  Neil Kinnock.....would we have fared better under those governments?  I doubt it.  Great leader and a fantastic politician, no matter what your party politics are/were.  A true Briton.  Rest in Peace, your country owes you so much.

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
antonart clarmike dby47 flair_photography Steveh32