Tony Stephenson is off-line
28 April 2013 06:12
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from OldMaster
She is dead now, lets move on! Difficult to know how to undo the damage she did...repealing section 28 was a start, lifting children out of poverty was a good move, as was the minimum wage. Not being too close to Pinochet was another good move. And lets not forget.that New Labour won a landslide victory in 97 because of the state of the country ....Thatcherism worked really well, didn't it!!!

The economy was strong and rising in 1997 as a result of the previous government's policies so NL took on a strong economy and by 2000 the budget balance was actually in the black...unfortunately as is clear for all to see, GB then took out the UK credit cards, maxed them all out and left this country's economy in the biggest mess since the 2nd Wold War..

No doubt the " The NHS is safe in our hands" slogan will be making its debut for the left on the election run-up in 2015!

Curiously, when Thatcher got into power and during her tenure, that was the period under which NHS funding went up incrementally from 11% to 16% of the annual budget spend which is the largest rise over any period in the last 33 years and NHS funding actually fell in percentage terms during the first 4 years under NL - it only rose after 2004 under NL and peaked at 18% - for 2013 it's currently at 19% so contrary to left wing propaganda, the NHS is probably safer in Conservative/Coalition hands and their policies! 

It's true not all of Thatcher's policies favoured everyone but those who suffered most were those who also believed that the with the rest of the taxpayers somehow owed them a living !
For those who weren't born in the years before Thatcher came to power or for those who need reminding of what it was really like, then this 15 minute video says it all and is well worth watching, particularly about mid-way and the closing 5 seconds of the vid as it fades!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBcW_qAwXM

www.le-femme.co.uk

Neil Anderson is off-line
28 April 2013 09:28
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from tonycsm
The economy was strong and rising in 1997 as a result of the previous government's policies so NL took on a strong economy and by 2000 the budget balance was actually in the black...unfortunately as is clear for all to see, GB then took out the UK credit cards, maxed them all out and left this country's economy in the biggest mess since the 2nd Wold War..

No doubt the " The NHS is safe in our hands" slogan will be making its debut for the left on the election run-up in 2015!

Curiously, when Thatcher got into power and during her tenure, that was the period under which NHS funding went up incrementally from 11% to 16% of the annual budget spend which is the largest rise over any period in the last 33 years and NHS funding actually fell in percentage terms during the first 4 years under NL - it only rose after 2004 under NL and peaked at 18% - for 2013 it's currently at 19% so contrary to left wing propaganda, the NHS is probably safer in Conservative/Coalition hands and their policies! 

It's true not all of Thatcher's policies favoured everyone but those who suffered most were those who also believed that the with the rest of the taxpayers somehow owed them a living !

For those who weren't born in the years before Thatcher came to power or for those who need reminding of what it was really like, then this 15 minute video says it all and is well worth watching, particularly about mid-way and the closing 5 seconds of the vid as it fades!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBcW_qAwXM

Ha ha ha.... Your repetition of lies and carefully selected half-truths would be bizarre from someone who didn't continually refuse to actually see any facts that contradict your own puerile analysis which is worthy of The Sun at it's ignorant peak. You must be a very sad person. Funny how you never quote any reputable sources for your assertions and old wives tales.
But I expect UKIP will be relishing your ignorance and relying on your support.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 April 2013 10:12
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from stolenfaces
Ha ha ha.... Your repetition of lies and carefully selected half-truths would be bizarre from someone who didn't continually refuse to actually see any facts that contradict your own puerile analysis which is worthy of The Sun at it's ignorant peak. You must be a very sad person. Funny how you never quote any reputable sources for your assertions and old wives tales.

Another detailed reply from our favourite leftie I see!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Tony Stephenson is off-line
28 April 2013 12:29
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from stolenfaces

Why can't you just word a post in reply to a comment with which you disagree without it containing personal attacks???

As I've said many times, it's always those with left wing views who resort to personal attacks to put their point across whenever verifiable data challenges their propaganda & dogma, which suggests that they don't really have a valid argument or they have inherent and irrational hatred of anyone who dares to challenge them and their views, as you clearly prove!

Go check the figures for spending on the NHS before, during and after Thatcher's tenure and you'll see that I am correct with regard to NHS spending... I could provide you with an unbiased link to all the stats and figures/records but you'd only fail to reply once it was established that I was indeed correct so I'm not going to play your time-wasting, name-calling games!

As for being sad - now you have me down as a potential UKIP supporter... I suppose it makes a change from being labeled a Tory - please make up your mind!

www.le-femme.co.uk

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
28 April 2013 12:35
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Quote from stolenfaces
Funny how you never quote any reputable sources for your assertions and old wives tales.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/9979362/Margaret-Thatcher-the-economic-achievements-and-legacy-of-Thatcherism.html
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

jivago Photographic is off-line
28 April 2013 17:33
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
Have you thought of getting professional help?

Ahhhh yes I see what you mean!:- I omitted those other socially useless herberts, financial advisors - Thanks

http://www.jivagophoto.com/

28 April 2013 17:44
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from tonycsm
The enemies of progress? Laughable!

Up to 1979, of the  top 1000 wealthiest people in the country, over 80% were in that position as a result of inherited wealth... Today, of the top 1000 wealthiest, 80% are documented as self-made, suggesting that far from being the enemies of progress, Thatcherite politics over the last 30 years has freed those who had the gumption and drive, to go out and do something with their lives and even gain a level of wealth which was once only the preserve an elite few! 

The real Enemies of Progress are those who cling to outdated and totally discredited Marxist idealology which only serves to drag down the living standards of everyone and stifle aspiration!

Yes but we don't need the same history lesson, repeated like a stuck groove in your 78rpm gramaphone collection

Put your hearing aid in! - It was Nick Clegg himself who called the Conservatives 'Enemies of progress' - He should know better than you or I - He has been in a bloody coalition with them for 3 years. Are you seriously going to contend that the concervatives are not:- Europhobe, homophobe on the back benches, economically winding the clock back to 1979  -What was that again about deficit targets surprise, A 'March of the Makers' surprise Triple A ratings? surprise How many U turns on Policy now is it? surprise You turn if want to - The Conservatives are sending us down the U bend!

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 April 2013 18:32
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
Yes but we don't need the same history lesson, repeated like a stuck groove in your 78rpm gramaphone collection

Actually - it appears you do!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

28 April 2013 18:57
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
Actually - it appears you do!

Ahhhhh Its catching! That 'if you found Gorgeous George's tears at Thatcher's passing nauseating and repellent as it was, then 'you are a Red under the Bed" - Bipolar as your pal. There was a character like you guys in a Kubric film - Ahhhhh yes Dr Strangelove! - Perfect for the 'Nasty Party" Byeee!

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 April 2013 02:36
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago
Ahhhhh Its catching! That 'if you found Gorgeous George's tears at Thatcher's passing nauseating and repellent as it was, then 'you are a Red under the Bed" - Bipolar as your pal. There was a character like you guys in a Kubric film - Ahhhhh yes Dr Strangelove! - Perfect for the 'Nasty Party" Byeee!

As Englsh is clearly not your first language it is sadly difficult to follow your posts. It might be worth writing them in your native tongue and then using Google Translate?

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment
antoinewynn bengie clarmike D_H_P diphoto Don_Dark Edenbailey eosfan Essexjohn gshocker30 imageatthemill JohnDentonPhoto kennmac1957 Lenz MIB mrdl Njsphotography orca_photography panda49 plld psn Thunder_Photos Twilightphotography xcellent