John McNairn is off-line
25 April 2013 13:45
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

I want a refund
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

Ken Smith is off-line
26 April 2013 11:21
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
Nottinghamshire
Ashfield

Most people who saw the funeral will have watched it on television. The cost of a TV license is £145.50 a year which works out at 40p per day. That alone makes the 6p seem trivial in comparison. But if you only watched four BBC programmes that day, including Maggie's funeral, you'd have paid 10p per programme. So you would still have paid more for the BBC coverage than towards the cost of the funeral itself...

David Wilder, Unemployed, 42, ROCK LEGEND. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4NpAnDV8s

26 April 2013 12:24
Nick_Edinburgh
Photographer

Quote from Ken_Smith So you would still have paid more for the BBC coverage than towards the cost of the funeral itself...

Irrelevant. 

I resent paying a single penny for a funeral that was a political event organised by and for a political elite to make a political statement. It's amazing how the right wing free market zealots suddenly believe the state should fund this private event.

Paul Hodson is off-line
26 April 2013 13:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Nick_Edinburgh

Irrelevant. 

I resent paying a single penny for a funeral that was a political event organised by and for a political elite to make a political statement. It's amazing how the right wing free market zealots suddenly believe the state should fund this private event.

Whether you wanted to pay for it is a different matter - but how you can describe a ceremonial funeral of this nature as a "private event" beats me!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Moorlane is off-line
27 April 2013 14:08
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I am not sure that this was any kind of political event.
Whether you liked the woman or not ( and you clearly did not) it is in many peoples eyes fitting that she should be given the funeral that she received.

jivago Photographic is off-line
27 April 2013 19:57
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Highland
Highlands & Cheshire

Quote from mph
Whether you wanted to pay for it is a different matter - but how you can describe a ceremonial funeral of this nature as a "private event" beats me!

Of course it was a private event! - For lil Ingerlunders!, Johnny Sunreaders, bankers, London cabbies, Eton fags, boardroon fat cats, xenophobes, religious nutters - And multifarious other "Enemies of Progress'  - Did I begin to summarise the Conservatives? 
http://www.jivagophoto.com/

Tony Stephenson is off-line
27 April 2013 22:09
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from jivago
Of course it was a private event! - For lil Ingerlunders!, Johnny Sunreaders, bankers, London cabbies, Eton fags, boardroon fat cats, xenophobes, religious nutters - And multifarious other "Enemies of Progress'  - Did I begin to summarise the Conservatives? 

The enemies of progress? Laughable!

Up to 1979, of the  top 1000 wealthiest people in the country, over 80% were in that position as a result of inherited wealth... Today, of the top 1000 wealthiest, 80% are documented as self-made, suggesting that far from being the enemies of progress, Thatcherite politics over the last 30 years has freed those who had the gumption and drive, to go out and do something with their lives and even gain a level of wealth which was once only the preserve an elite few! 

The real Enemies of Progress are those who cling to outdated and totally discredited Marxist idealology which only serves to drag down the living standards of everyone and stifle aspiration!

www.le-femme.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 April 2013 02:15
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from jivago

Have you thought of getting professional help?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
28 April 2013 02:31
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

There are non so blind, as he who will not see.

We complain about one model not showing up, in the 60's and 70's the unions told everyone not to show.surprise

Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

OldMaster is off-line
28 April 2013 05:38
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

She is dead now, lets move on! Difficult to know how to undo the damage she did...repealing section 28 was a start, lifting children out of poverty was a good move, as was the minimum wage. Not being too close to Pinochet was another good move. And lets not forget.that New Labour won a landslide victory in 97 because of the state of the country ....Thatcherism worked really well, didn't it!!!

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32