Baroness Thatcher (retitled)

This thread is being watched by 2 people
Salacious Art is off-line
08 April 2013 10:23
pentax5AC
Photographer

East Yorkshire
Bridlington

Without doubt the greatest and most influential of the post war Prime Ministers, and the last of the true conviction politicians, in as much as she stood for what she actually believed in; and finally the ONLY reason British school children in Port Slanley continue their lessons in English as opposed to Spanish.

The Institute is off-line
08 April 2013 10:24
Callear
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Rotherham

Quote from RattusRock
an old lady died

someones mother, sister, grandmother

are you really proud of yourselves

this is whats wrong with the world - weather you agree or not with what she did, celebrating a frail old woman's death says far more about you as people than her

It says more about the level of feeling towards her than the people who say they are happy because she's dead.

The fact that someone is dead shouldn't stop people saying what they think about them, even if it's bad. If she didn't want to be thought of badly when she passed away she should have done better in life.

Yes she was someones Mother. So what, so are many bad women.

08 April 2013 10:28
ConceptOL9
Photographer

I hated her when she was PM so much so when she came on TV I used to throw a cushion at it, but in retrospect she made Britain Great again. I have her to thank for stopping me smoking (but that's another story) I agree with Pompeytog and Jackass wholeheartedly.

David Heels is off-line
08 April 2013 10:41
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Good riddance!

Dave
PS. Sorry to read of your loses, Bob.

Anthonygh is off-line
08 April 2013 10:43
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from Jackass
. Now after another 13 years of Labour government look at the shambolic mess we're in once more. .

Actually...it is after a shade under 3 yrs of Tory Govt........

NWPP is off-line
08 April 2013 10:48
NWPP
Photographer
NWPP
Kent
Sittingbourne

Love or hate her she had bigger balls than anyone on here...

We need that kind of courage in government now... just not those policies.

N
Cheers Big Nige.

goshsteve is off-lineSilver Member
08 April 2013 11:33
stevegosh
Photographer

Hampshire

she saved the country, i remember looking after some restaurants in Leicester Sq which was piled high over the square wish rubbish & rats running wild during the dustmen strike, she tamed the unions, thank god. RIP

Will is off-line
08 April 2013 12:14
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

When somebody does a very necessary job, one that others had been too scared to take on, enemies will be made amongst those that have been in freewheel destruction in pursuit of their own desires. If people are still unable to recognise the importance of what was done in those times then your 'political views' are blinkering your ability to comprehend the reality of the dire straits we were in.

It is quite telling that the posts I've seen on my FB stream that have been 'celebratory' have been by people who were not even born whilst she was PM. Evidence of being raised with bigoted views on her as opposed to thinking rationally and in an informed manner about those days.

She has been ill for some time so her death does not come as a surprise. The only surprise to me at the hate expressed by some is that they have not had their blinkers removed over the last few decades.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Paul is off-line
08 April 2013 12:17
paulcase
Photographer
paulcase
Lancashire

A true leader R.I.P.

08 April 2013 12:23
stevephot
Photographer

Quote from keigo
My thoughts exactly. Well said. Don't speak ill of the dead, especially on the day of their passing. What's wrong with some people?

Why not, she was responsible for the early deaths of a lot of people...why not pass her death with a small chear.  She knew the cost of things but never the worth.

Dont blame me..i voted for the other lot :)

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
KinkyKaycee Missminiskirt toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography Cliff Creativedge dave1980 DAVEYC djb1 Dolayley Don_Dark Hioctane James7799 jccj1 john2017 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices mg mike0048 Philski photomart photostevo RealityImaging Reynard ricciarelli steveh32 Steveharratt Twilightphotography