Microsoft Outlook

Faye is off-line
07 April 2013 12:27
Faye
Model
Faye
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I apologise if there is already a topic on this. My email has been switched from hotmail to outlook, I have no problem with the layout or nostalgia any of that jazz but the service seems to be terrible. It crashes/freezes all the time. Often it says 'can't connect to outlook' despite my internet connection working on other sites and regularly it times out when I'm sending emails.

It's been like this about 2 weeks but its enough to be very infuriating when sending and receiving work related emails. My question is, I've been with hotmail about 10 years+ now so I have no knowledge of google, yahoo etc etc.

Which email service is best? I know that's a really open ended question but I'm seriously at the end of my tether with outlook!

Thanks in advance
http://infayemous.com/

07 April 2013 12:41
AndrewThomas
Photographer

strange i've had no problems since it swtiched, and almost got it back to the hotmail layout

Faye is off-line
07 April 2013 12:55
Faye
Model
Faye
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

The layout doesn't bother me, it's just the crashing when you are sending emails and not being able to read emails when it says it can't connect. I've googled it and many people seem to be having issues whilst others aren't, maybe it depends on when you signed up. I've read some people have lost their entire inbox, luckily that hasn't happened to mine.

07 April 2013 13:01
AndrewThomas
Photographer

very strange, i have 3 hotmail accounts and they are all fine - mostly access from my iphone/ipad though

Catchlites Glamour is off-lineSilver Member
07 April 2013 13:06
Badger
Photographer
Badger
Somerset
Weston super Mare

Quote from Faye
I apologise if there is already a topic on this. My email has been switched from hotmail to outlook, I have no problem with the layout or nostalgia any of that jazz but the service seems to be terrible. It crashes/freezes all the time. Often it says 'can't connect to outlook' despite my internet connection working on other sites and regularly it times out when I'm sending emails. It's been like this about 2 weeks but its enough to be very infuriating when sending and receiving work related emails. My question is, I've been with hotmail about 10 years+ now so I have no knowledge of google, yahoo etc etc. Which email service is best? I know that's a really open ended question but I'm seriously at the end of my tether with outlook! Thanks in advance

I am having the same problem, very frustrating.
A wise man changes his mind, a fool, never.

toast is off-line
07 April 2013 13:13
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

ages ago i just got sick of hotmail and opened up gmail accounts - never looked back since

Faye is off-line
07 April 2013 13:17
Faye
Model
Faye
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

I think I'm going to try gmail. My outlook won't connect at all right now grr!

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
07 April 2013 13:47
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Gmail is the only free one I'd trust with anything important - it's really pretty good.

Outlook should be absolutely rock solid if it's set up right.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Faye is off-line
07 April 2013 14:14
Faye
Model
Faye
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

my problem with outlook is that it keeps disconnecting in the middle of sending messages and while I'm logged in it keeps saying disconnected so I can't read anything.

Should I have it set up differently? I haven't changed any settings so maybe there's something I need to alter to make it run properly?

CSD Images is off-line
07 April 2013 14:19
CSD_Images
Photographer
CSD_Images
Grampian
Aberdeen

Outlook or Outlook.com
Which Browser/Version/OS/Extensions

Outlook.com works fine in Opera, Firefox, Chrome and of course IE 8+. All vanilla installs. It also ties into Outlook via the Connector software for versions 2003-2010, and natively in 2013.

Been using Outlook for the last 6 months, the last month tied into Office 2013/Windows phone 8 with no issues either on the web or the client.
www.flickr.com/photos/csd_images | www.celticshadows.co.uk

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
apriluk fashion29 onyx_gem
ad360photo fannmore FlyingShot GerryS2 GH46 Ladiesman MIB moorlane oz_4 pafriend pc9 Peter_d_photography peterh philippahh rembrandt siclews