Reminder Secure

Question to models...does camera size matter?

OldMaster is off-line
07 April 2013 11:51
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Sacredo says...."Actually I know quite a few photographers who maintain they need better cameras than their clients for appearance sakes if nothing else ... which has some truth to it. Every man and his dog has a DSLR these days! Even if you could do a job on your phone, who would?!"

This has never changed. It was particularly important in the 80's for PR clients for you to turn up with a Hasselblad which also just happened to be a good choice anyway!! Mine was 20 years old by the time I sold it and it never missed a shot, paid for itself over and over again.

Grips..Oh yes! On every DSLR I own..(can't afford the D3/4 series) and why? Because a heavy camera is easier to grip, you can shoot at lower shutter speeds and it is better balanced with long lenses. Twice the battery capacity too. Most importantly though, shooting a lot of portraits the camera is just "that way up"!!

Would I be as happy with a Fuji X pro 1/X100s as well...you bet. Would I shoot on a phone camera, not unless I wanted the effect of noisy images from a sensor the size of a match head!!

diipii is off-line
14 April 2013 15:35
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

It only matters to photographers.
It only happens all the time.

Darren Brade is off-line
17 April 2013 04:35
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
London
London

I've just purchased a 70-200 f2.8 for my Canon, so will be interesting to see the reaction to that. Assuming I do think fall over carrying it.
www.darrenbrade.com

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
poah portalphotography