Important topic

HowardJ is off-line
03 April 2013 15:03
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

So the Cypriot economy is screwed and the North Koreans have got their knickers in a twist (again!!), so it's time to discuss an important topic.... Pink Lego... should it exist?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jakewallissimons/100210036/pink-lego-is-an-abomination-end-this-gender-fascism/

Megan Reynolds is off-line
03 April 2013 15:09
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

I'd quite like pink lego blocks... but actual blocks not the lego kits you get now

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
04 April 2013 10:03
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

I thought this was one of the more sensible comments:

I think the point is; how much of why they want things is because girls are naturally attracted to such things, and how much is a result of conditioned response?

Are girls "girly" because they are naturally so, or are they girly because that's how we, as society, train them to be?

It was broken when I got here

captainblack is off-line
04 April 2013 14:37
captainblack
Photographer

Staffordshire

Pink lego is an abomination.

04 April 2013 15:04
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

HowardJ is off-line
04 April 2013 15:32
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from DorsetHammer
I thought this was one of the more sensible comments:

I think the point is; how much of why they want things is because girls are naturally attracted to such things, and how much is a result of conditioned response?

Are girls "girly" because they are naturally so, or are they girly because that's how we, as society, train them to be?

Yes, I thought it was an interesting question. Does having a specific girl version of Lego limit their creativity and thus possibly result in women not pursuing careers in science and engineering? We could really do with more women in science and engineering as they have better people and time management skills which can often help to avoid male egos getting in the way of getting the job done. They seem to play less office politics too.

KHV is off-line
04 April 2013 16:27
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Keltica is a naughty person me, you should join a political party, I would suggest UkiP as they seem a bunch of twats.

HowardJ is off-line
04 April 2013 16:57
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Keltica
HowardJ is a naughty person me, you should join a political party, I would suggest UkiP as they seem a bunch of twats.

I'd rather not as I hate politics as I like to get on with doing the job NOT talking about it.

04 April 2013 17:25
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from HowardJ...as they have better people and time management skills which can often help to avoid male egos getting in the way of getting the job done. They seem to play less office politics too.

Seriously? Either you don't work with women or you are trying to impress some girl on here.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

HowardJ is off-line
04 April 2013 17:34
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Socialdisaster

Seriously? Either you don't work with women or you are trying to impress some girl on here.

The place I work is about 98% male geeks. The few women we have seen to operate better than the men and I've observed a number of them manage difficult male egos so the project is delivered. You don't have to agree with me and I'm sure you've had different experiences. I've also experienced male and female relationships at work have serious negative impacts on an organisation but this thread isn't about this. It's about whether we should have male and female oriented toys and do they influence the way current develop skills and creativity.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mandymack
ellessephotography FlyingShot Ian123 JohnDentonPhoto JSP rscott360