Ratana Rose is off-line
03 April 2013 19:10
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

Quote from Tansy_Blue
I have a model friend with a very narrow back, a relatively large cup size, and a generally slim figure - she says photographers often accuse her of lying about her cup size when she isn't, it's just that a narrow back/large cup doesn't actually translate to massive bazoonkas.

Different bras fit differently, they vary between brands, and different women prefer a different fit. Bra size is relatively meaningless when it comes to breast size, counter-intuitive as that sounds.
When La Senza was still around, everyone I knew was a cup bigger in La Senza than in other shops. They were very flattering. :P I remember one day on High Street Ken I visited Debenhams, M&S and La Senza in one day for bra fittings - got 34C, 36D and 32DD respectively. Helpful.

I think PeterD's habit of directing people to a visual reference is a good idea.

la senza still are around... ive been waiting for them to ggo out of business since the announced they where going but there still going strong round where i live

03 April 2013 19:27
alshepherd
Model

you get the opposite when girls don't measure properly and then get double boobs. big shops are useless at bra fittings. you need to be taught how to do it yourself as well. girls don't put their boobs in bras properly
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

03 April 2013 19:30
Tansy_Blue
Model

La Senza have been confusing me! After they did their big "we're dead we're really dead no one will ever buy pants from La Senza ever again" announcement, their website went down and my local branch shut so I assumed it was for real. But their big shops in Oxford Street and Westfield are still open, and their website's back now. Whut?

Makes me happy because their bras always fit me really well - lots of people say they fit poorly but they work on me for some reason, maybe I just have the same shape as one of their fit models or something - but is it just me or have their prices gone up?
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

03 April 2013 19:54
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Missie0290
I like how it spells frickin though!

I was thinking that!

03 April 2013 19:55
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Tansy_Blue
La Senza have been confusing me! After they did their big "we're dead we're really dead no one will ever buy pants from La Senza ever again" announcement, their website went down and my local branch shut so I assumed it was for real. But their big shops in Oxford Street and Westfield are still open, and their website's back now. Whut? Makes me happy because their bras always fit me really well - lots of people say they fit poorly but they work on me for some reason, maybe I just have the same shape as one of their fit models or something - but is it just me or have their prices gone up?

The one in Lakeside has had a refit. Drawer units a la Boux Avenue.

04 April 2013 03:07
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from JadedRed

Ask for E cup and bigger. Problem solved.

I still don't think that will work. I don't think my Fs are big. I think I look like a C/D without support.  They don't sag but they're quite shallow.

04 April 2013 03:15
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from Missie0290
My bra size varies bra to bra. I'm a 30c but as tansy pointed out about last sense - I needed a D in their bras. Some of mine are Bus and if you put them next to my c cup bras they are exactly the same size. I was looking at bras the other day too and the c cups they had were about as big as my frickin head!

a 30C will have the same size cups as a 32B. As I mentioned, the cup size refers to the volume so if you increase the band size by 2" and go down one cup they will be the same. 

If they C cups were as big as your head, were they also a bigger back/band size? 

http://broodsbigbrasblog.com/2012/05/03/breaking-the-d-cups-are-huge-myth/

04 April 2013 03:16
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from RattusRock
la senza still are around... ive been waiting for them to ggo out of business since the announced they where going but there still going strong round where i live

La Senza shut down by me, I did like their tshirt bras with the tiny bit of uplift padding in. 

04 April 2013 03:16
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from alshepherd
you get the opposite when girls don't measure properly and then get double boobs. big shops are useless at bra fittings. you need to be taught how to do it yourself as well. girls don't put their boobs in bras properly

Swoop & scoop! wink

Alan Johnson is off-line
04 April 2013 03:28
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
South Yorkshire

Quote from Violet_Ecstasy
I thought I answered that on page 2. 

I thought yoy did too,  it seemed a very good explanation to me!

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a motorbike and that's pretty close! :o)

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly
Musicman