Reminder Secure

DDs when in reality more like B cup

03 April 2013 14:57
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from RattusRock
to be honest i have no fecking clue what size i am because in day to day life i dont wear bras overall most of the bras i own are 32B but i know that's not my real size as it rides right up my back, i also sometimes have issues with the width of boob in the cup but its the most comfortable fitting one i can find in ann summers i used to be a 28 back (before kids) and wore 32 A as that was the smallest i could ever find (although back then i only owned 2 bras lol i am aware my right boob appears to be a size bigger than the left though so how do you list that as for dress size that can directly be related to boob size, most of my friends with big boobies are size 16+ not because there fat but because there top half is so big due to there boobs dress sizes are strange im an 8, always wear an 8 in dresses but im a 6-8 in tops and a 12 in bottoms

You can get 28 backs in some places now
But I wonder about big boobed girls and small dress sizes. I don't know how you can squeeze a 38-40" chest into a size 10. 

The reddit link that ladylike media posted gives a good DIY guide to measuring yourself. (It involves bending over and measuring your boobs that way). I tried it and it was close to what I was measured at  

03 April 2013 15:02
Marty_W
Photographer

Why not have Purestorm just have their own measuring system, small, average, big and
so big when I run I knock myself out?
Can't see any flaws in this, even works for male models
Obviously its down to the model to grade themselves accordingly.

03 April 2013 15:08
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from PeterH

For the purposes of this thread, i'm more interested in the academics of the why/where/how of the change, which seems to be more confusing.

I thought I answered that on page 2. 

03 April 2013 16:00
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Chrissie_Red
I got mine measured last year, they measured as a D cup. My profile says "C"... So I basically have false information on my page, I don't see myself as a D cup. No doubt the men on this thread who appear to be experts in womens breasts wouldn't see me as a D cup either so rather than have a bunch of boobie collectors being disappointed or presume I'm a liar I just say they are C cups. Nobody provides me with a bra for a shoot so its irrelevant really and for the type of modelling I do I really don't think the size of my breasts are relevant. I rarely wear a bra, people can see my boobs by looking at my pictures.

Urgh, i hate the eye measurers. Its another one of those areas where after 5 minutes of looking at something men have a far greater expertise than years of experience.

Different people wear different bras differently. If your issue is what you want them to look a certain way then try looking. If you want a bra size then you should probably take our word for it.

03 April 2013 16:05
JadedRed
Model

Quote from PeterH
Well I have tried to keep up to speed, and have asked the question several times over the past few years about why and when the 'classification' of breast sized changed. I no longer ask for cup sizes, but ask for 'big' boobs and refer the model to picture on my profile which illustrate my definition of big. But that doesn't change the fact that I used to be able to advertise for big boobed models, D-cup or bigger, and everyone who replied with a D cup *did* have significantly larger than normal boobs. 

For the purposes of this thread, i'm more interested in the academics of the why/where/how of the change, which seems to be more confusing.

As for as i can tell its as someone pointed out, the fabrics used have changed, so sizes have changed. The shape of bras will also make a difference. The fact they pad bras frequently now makes a change. The fact that they've gone on and on about how so many women wear too small bras makes a difference. Average breasts are bigger.

Ask for E cup and bigger. Problem solved.

03 April 2013 16:32
Tansy_Blue
Model

I have a model friend with a very narrow back, a relatively large cup size, and a generally slim figure - she says photographers often accuse her of lying about her cup size when she isn't, it's just that a narrow back/large cup doesn't actually translate to massive bazoonkas.

Different bras fit differently, they vary between brands, and different women prefer a different fit. Bra size is relatively meaningless when it comes to breast size, counter-intuitive as that sounds.
When La Senza was still around, everyone I knew was a cup bigger in La Senza than in other shops. They were very flattering. :P I remember one day on High Street Ken I visited Debenhams, M&S and La Senza in one day for bra fittings - got 34C, 36D and 32DD respectively. Helpful.

I think PeterD's habit of directing people to a visual reference is a good idea.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Missie is off-line
03 April 2013 17:01
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

My bra size varies bra to bra.

I'm a 30c but as tansy pointed out about last sense - I needed a D in their bras. Some of mine are Bus and if you put them next to my c cup bras they are exactly the same size.

I was looking at bras the other day too and the c cups they had were about as big as my frickin head!
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

03 April 2013 17:21
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Missie0290
My bra size varies bra to bra. I'm a 30c but as tansy pointed out about last sense - I needed a D in their bras. Some of mine are Bus and if you put them next to my c cup bras they are exactly the same size. I was looking at bras the other day too and the c cups they had were about as big as my frickin head!

Auto-correct?

Missie is off-line
03 April 2013 17:33
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I really need to keep that damned thing in check Jade lol, people are going to start thinking I'm permanently drunk or something

Missie is off-line
03 April 2013 17:34
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I like how it spells frickin though!

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura Just_janine Katielouxox mg21 Michelledefeo1 Winterlilly
BOBREEVES cgwebster ChrisD claypaws davemac dirkus djb1 duncanjames Fashionphotography Hairflicks hfordtom jonasbee KDP keltica Ladiesman noggy1930 oldbloke pcmphotography rod_m99 rscott360 Steveh32 zzdigital