Reminder Secure

DDs when in reality more like B cup

03 April 2013 07:18
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Quote from PeterH
I'd have heard the laughs all the way from America if I've had submitted any of these to D-Cup!

Well perhaps they are the ones who need to change, this is why women struggle with their own bra sizes. Because they think that D or above means massive. 

Peter Hague is online
03 April 2013 07:32
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Violet_Ecstasy
Well perhaps they are the ones who need to change, this is why women struggle with their own bra sizes. Because they think that D or above means massive. 

But that's my point, D or above *did* used to be an indicator of large boobs.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Melissa Tongue is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 07:48
xxmrmthxx
Model
xxmrmthxx
Oxfordshire
Henley-on-thames

Im measured a 30 DD and im sure people will think otherwise. But ive put 32 B just because i can fit in that size.
So maybe they really are D. If its a small back size its most likely

Alan Johnson is off-line
03 April 2013 08:01
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
South Yorkshire

There has definitely been a change, but it appears not to have reached everywhere yet. A friend has been measured in four different places, (but 2 were in the same chain), and been told she's 4 different sizes.
It's really easy to see why so many models put down 'incorrect' bra sizes, it all depends on where and who measures her.
Dress sizes are even worse!

Even we men are being affected, I have four sizes of teeshirt which all fit me correctly from an L to a XXXL. Of those, the XL is the loosest!
I have been the same show size all my adult life, yet I now have to have a 9, 9.5 and a 10 depending on the maker!
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a motorbike and that's pretty close! :o)

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 08:17
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from Alan_Jay
 I have four sizes of teeshirt which all fit me correctly from an L to a XXXL. Of those, the XL is the loosest! I have been the same show size all my adult life, yet I now have to have a 9, 9.5 and a 10 depending on the maker!

A shop in East London used to sell t-shirts in S, M, L, XL, XXL and Fat DorsetHammer is a naughty person size.

It was broken when I got here

03 April 2013 08:17
Lisaliz
Model

It is really a very simple matter, but a lot of people get their bras in a twist over it!

The calculation includes the back size, so it means that a mahoosive lady with a realtively undramatic chest may have the same cup size as a slimmer sister with more pronounced boobs.

I measure as 30F in some shops and 32E in others. Which sounds like I have great enormous boobs, but I don't.

Mike B is off-line
03 April 2013 08:33
mickyb
Photographer

North Yorkshire
York

Apparently my 84 year old, 7 stone wet 'mother in law' is a 32c. Firstly I wouldn't want to do a shoot with her but more importantly I certainly wouldn't ask her to take her bra off! There's not a lot of meat on her bones but she does have a small back.
Needless to say I will be looking elsewhere to shoot a c cup, something with a bit more volume I think

Steve Walsh is off-line
03 April 2013 09:38
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Quote from Lisaliz

I measure as 30F in some shops and 32E in others. Which sounds like I have great enormous boobs, but I don't.

They look pretty fine to me, whatever size you call them!

Chrissie Red is off-line
03 April 2013 09:44
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I got mine measured last year, they measured as a D cup.

My profile says "C"... So I basically have false information on my page, I don't see myself as a D cup. No doubt the men on this thread who appear to be experts in womens breasts wouldn't see me as a D cup either so rather than have a bunch of boobie collectors being disappointed or presume I'm a liar I just say they are C cups. Nobody provides me with a bra for a shoot so its irrelevant really and for the type of modelling I do I really don't think the size of my breasts are relevant. I rarely wear a bra, people can see my boobs by looking at my pictures.

03 April 2013 11:44
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

It's come about because you don't have to add the 4" (or 5" if it's an odd number) to your back size to get the band size. This is because bra straps are stretchy these days.  I have faux-vintage bras (1950s style bullet bras etc) from What Katie Did and my vintage size is different to my modern/high street size. I wear a 34D in bullet bras (none stretchy band) and a 32F in high street bras.

The old rule was that you took your underbust measurement and added 4/5" - that would make me a 34/36 band size. But even 34s are too loose and ride up my back.
Then you worked out your cup size by finding out how many inches different it was to the band size. If it was the same as the band size you would be an A cup, 1" bigger = A, 2" bigger = B, 3" bigger = C, 4" bigger = D and so on.

So these days, the way of working out cup sizes is the same - 1" bigger than the band size is an A etc. But the band sizes are taken from the actual body measurements, rather than having 4" added on. A 'vintage' 34D is the same cup volume as today's 30FF. I find the 32F is tight enough on my body, so I don't go down to the 30FF, I'm scared it would cut off my circulation!

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa fashion29 Lusciousabi29 lynnesel pinklilly
ansonphotography bavister bluesden Camerawerks clarmike Dave@studio99 diphoto djb1 donaldmac edwards eosfan frankpht Images1854 jackw James7799 JohnDentonPhoto karlsheen Ludapix nvidia padzer1 panda49 peterh Photosareu read rscott360 Steveh32 timbham tonypage urbano
luxstudios