Reminder Secure

DDs when in reality more like B cup

03 April 2013 02:26
spacecat
Photographer

It seems that its not just men that like to add a few more inches. Have you noticed that some women say they are a D or DD cup when in reality they are more like a b cup. I recommend to these models go to marks and spencers they have a free bra measuring service.

Steve Walsh is off-line
03 April 2013 02:47
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

There seem to be quite a few who are less than accurate with their age!

03 April 2013 02:50
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

Do you realise that bra sizes have changed in the last 10 years or so? They have changed the system of measuring (see Bravissimo for example) and the high street followed. So there women have been told to go down in the back sizes (the 32/34/36 bit) and up in cup sizes. 
I've recently been measured in bravissimo and M&S, and I'm now a 32F. Before I had my son I was a 34D and my measurements are the same. However, I did have some bras from before pregnancy but the cups aren't big enough. Go figure.  

Also breasts can be quite shallow but wide iykwim but the volume is the same. The cup size refers to the volume of the cup not how much the breast sticks out. 

Mike B is off-line
03 April 2013 03:11
mickyb
Photographer

North Yorkshire
York

Its amazing what a well fitted bra can do but its also very disappointing when it comes off and you're stood there thinking "where have they gone"? I prefer to see the evidence before I book, either by looking on the models profile or asking for a picture.

Laurence Power is off-line
03 April 2013 04:47
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Since I mainly shoot swimwear, I tend to ignore girls who put their size as "D" or larger. Being a real provocative B****** I also ignore those with tattoos or multiple piercings!
Laurence J. Power

photo_phil is off-line
03 April 2013 06:44
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Boob size seems to be exaggerated a lot on here, just like dress sizes seem to be a lot smaller than their photo's would lead me to believe.

Jenna Lou is off-line
03 April 2013 06:48
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

I agree with Violet that bra sizes and the way women are measured have changed recently.

I'm currently 5 and a half months pregnant and went to M&S a few weeks ago to get fitted so I could purchase a good supportive bra. I was already wearing a 36GG at the time and they measured me as a 42JJ (WTF?!). They wouldn't give me any underwire bras to try on as the woman kept saying it's not good for me.

I left slightly upset and without a bra.

Luckily I passed a new underwear shop, Boux Avenue, went in, got measured as a 38H and left with a few new sets that fitted lovely and gives amazing support.

Just goes to show different shops measure differently :/ x

Peter Hague is off-line
03 April 2013 06:56
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

It certainly seems to have changed, you could get a general idea of boob size from the letter involved, but over the last few years it's almost irrelivent. Only yesterday I had two replies to my casting, both girls had 'F' cups, both were totally different sizes. 

Indeed, when I used to shoot for 'D-Cup' that was a big-to-huge boobs magazine, and anyone D cup and over was suitable. These days, I'm sure some girls with D's only need a trainer bra.

That's why I have a picture on my profile to illustrate what I consider to be big boobs, letters don't have any use any more.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

03 April 2013 07:09
Violet_Ecstasy
Model

http://bfcidade.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/what-does-it-mean-to-wear-d-or-dd-cups/

Peter Hague is off-line
03 April 2013 07:17
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

I'd have heard the laughs all the way from America if I've had submitted any of these to D-Cup!
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

41 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch bex_24 Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017 missminiskirt Teela
android_man angelicmodels antoinewynn chriscooze cliffc colinpierce Daddylonglense daveyboy12 diphoto Don_Dark donaldmac Forest glamorphotos Hioctane James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Jse_photography LGI malcie mattybox mghphoto mrdl Platidonio rscott360 sinimiphotography siwalters steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos viewphotographic