Paul Hodson is off-line
03 April 2013 05:04
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from photo_phil
That'll be council tenants claiming housing benefit NOT those council tenants who work to pay their rent. Why should those in council houses have access to houses bigger than they need while those claiming housing benefit in private rented property only be allowed to claim for a house the size they need, they don't get funding for spare rooms. The Queen, like the rest if us can have as many rooms as we want as long as we pay for them.

Despite my supposed right of Genghis Khan views, I do actually have some sympathy for people who have lived in houses for many years having to uproot - especially if there isn't appropriate accommodation in the immediate locale. I think the policy, whilst sensible in principle, is ill thought out as there does not seem to be a surfeit of smaller accommodation in any case.

I would like local authorities to have the power to use their discretion in applying the measure - though I fear that too would be a disaster!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

OldMaster is off-line
03 April 2013 05:12
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

"His parents were a Group Captain & a professional ballerina, he joined the Scots Guards as an officer & served as aide-de-camp (general dogsbody) to a General. Worked as an arms dealer & in the property market before becoming an MP. Proved to have lied about his educational qualifications (good training for a politician) & constantly undermined John Major during his time as leader. Took over as leader briefly, stepping down after a vote of no-confidence by his own party. Described Israel as "a shining beacon of democracy in the Middle East" & continues to live in a dream world to this day.
Working class background - don't think so comrade!"

+1

Not to forget he was also just about as far right in the tory party as you could get...this is just another callous attempt to take from the less well off and true to tory policy, keep the wealthy rich.

His policies, apart from being short sighted and rushed hit the wrong people entirely particularly when you take into account the number of working who require some benefits who will be losing out.

Where do we see any evidence of the reassurances that "work will pay" and no one in work will be worse off than those on benefits?

Lies, lies and more lies.

So no change there then. They would do better to actually make some effort to kick start the economy with some real investment. The damage they are about to do to the NHS is another topic entirely but don't start whining about it when it has been effectively privatised, creating a few more millionaires in the process...must protect the city, banks, directors and shareholders and the rest of us will pay for it. Just not "funny" any more

Peter Hague is off-line
03 April 2013 05:17
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from photo_phil
Why should those in council houses have access to houses bigger than they need while those claiming housing benefit in private rented property only be allowed to claim for a house the size they need, they don't get funding for spare rooms.  

Indeed, local radio stated before christmas that 46% of 4,5 and 6 bedroom council houses in Rotherham had one occupant. Sorry, but it's not up to the taxpayer to provide someone with five spare rooms. You're family has grown up and gone, you don't need a house that big, move on and let a family who does need the space move in.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

photo_phil is off-line
03 April 2013 05:42
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

My sister lives in a council house and she's lucky enough to earn enough that she doesn't need help with her rent as she works every hour going to save for a deposit for her own place. Her neighbors either side have a three bedroom house paid for by benefits and both have only one person living there.

There's nothing wrong with having Right Wing views just the same as there's nothing wrong with having Left Wing views, it's the extremity of the views that causes the problems.

I for one don't get jealous or moan about other people's wealth or privilege.........I have better things to do, like earn my own money and provide for my own family and have the best standard of living we can afford.

Peter Hague is off-line
03 April 2013 05:46
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from photo_phil
I have better things to do, like earn my own money and provide for my own family and have the best standard of living we can afford.

Perhaps you could have a better standard of living if you weren't working to subsidise the housing costs of the likes of Bob Crow, who earns £150k a year but thinks you should pay for his house.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 April 2013 06:11
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from PeterH
Perhaps you could have a better standard of living if you weren't working to subsidise the housing costs of the likes of Bob Crow, who earns £150k a year but thinks you should pay for his house.

Fascist!  surprisecheeky

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 07:26
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

oh brilliant. here come all obvious statements, the counter arguments, and the doggy poo flung
from high places.

if we *all* realised that we are being played BIG-TIME by those that weild the wealth
have the "sway" and are in the club.

tax upon tax upon tax upon tax. we are being bled dry by opportunists.

unfortunately we dont see the wood for the trees, and 99% of people accept it unconditionally.

this is a crazy world, its led by people that are very suspect,
and we *must* do something in the neat future. all i can think of is rebellion
against the system, as its gone far far farrrrrrr to far down the road to change what's here.

gmo's. aspartame. fluoride in water, all connected to how we are treated.
we being the great unwashed.

there are powers/forces ruling the "ruling classes" that we have no concept of,
(in my view)
and they also rule elected governments, actually, governments fullstop.

we are the idiots. "they" are the ones that have taken advantage of this fact.

as for council housing changes: i agree that something has to be done.
however to barge in and grandfather-rights all the new decisions is madness.
its happened in so many different circumstances, and it causes upset.
i think they dont care about that.
new social housing (council houses!) can have contracts written that make
it obvious that's what can happen. old tenants should be respected and requested
to do the bidding, not ordered.

grandfather rights of tenants should be respected.

just a few thoughts. dont know if any of it is cogent or even sensible.
ha!

cheers, alex

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 07:30
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

ps i have signed a petition asking ids to live on 53 a week for a year,

i bet he CANT. i bet he WONT.

(and lets face it, who should have to. he is demonstrably in the wrong
and talking out of his rear hole, but i dont think many other politicians
are going to get my wholehearted approval either).

cheers alex

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 April 2013 09:24
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from alexcrawford

Just a few thoughts. Don't know if any of it is cogent or even sensible.

cheers, alex

No?

Megan Reynolds is off-line
03 April 2013 09:37
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
Bristol
Bristol

Is that £53 a week after the government has paid for your rent and taxes etc or before? I could probably live on £53 a week if it doesn't include rent etc. I wouldn't want to but I could. My council tax alone is around £70 a week so if its paying that and rent etc too then def not!

15 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
anniesss danixhale Michelledefeo1
andygstudios Auctioneer Berkeleyboy Blancho dazglam ellessephotography marcocastiglioni PDCPhotos Philski Rehan rscott360 viewphotographic