This thread is being watched by 1 person
Anthonygh is off-line
02 April 2013 16:33
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

[ Admin Warning -  Soapbox Thread ]

If you can't, you might like to sign this petition!surprise

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week

photo_phil is off-line
02 April 2013 16:58
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

I know I ant live on that little amount, butI don't see what signing the petition will accomplish.

Anthonygh is off-line
02 April 2013 18:27
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from photo_phil
I know I ant live on that little amount, butI don't see what signing the petition will accomplish.

It sends a message to a millionaire ( and his party ) who pontificates about how normal people can live...it seems thousands of people an hour are doing just that this evening. I know that if I took the weekly outgoings I have no control over (utilities, council tax, house insurance) I doubt if £53 would cover it.

Andy_B is off-lineSilver Member
02 April 2013 21:30
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
London
London

It seems that IDS spent his early working years as a Squaddie in Northern Island and Zimbabwe (6 years), followed by a spell on the dole before he entered politics. He had a working class background and was educated at a comprehensive in Solihull.

He's made a bit of money more recently through after dinner speaking (presumably after he left the Tory leadership position... he was unknown before) and he's currently valued at around £1m.

But yes, don't let a few facts hold you back from getting involved in this 'class warfare' BS.

Profile Pictures is off-line
02 April 2013 23:19
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Signed. Class warfare is pretty much irrelevant. Arrogant wealthy establishment figures with shadowy subversive friends really ought not to pretend they're in it with us. They aren't. I'll amuse myself at those of you here who defend the establishment, rather naively believing you're part of it or in any way valued by it.

Mickey is off-line
03 April 2013 01:49
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Quote from Andy_B
It seems that IDS spent his early working years as a Squaddie in Northern Island and Zimbabwe (6 years), followed by a spell on the dole before he entered politics. He had a working class background and was educated at a comprehensive in Solihull. He's made a bit of money more recently through after dinner speaking (presumably after he left the Tory leadership position... he was unknown before) and he's currently valued at around £1m. But yes, don't let a few facts hold you back from getting involved in this 'class warfare' BS.

His parents were a Group Captain & a professional ballerina, he joined the Scots Guards as an officer & served as aide-de-camp (general dogsbody) to a General. Worked as an arms dealer & in the property market before becoming an MP. Proved to have lied about his educational qualifications (good training for a politician) & constantly undermined John Major during his time as leader. Took over as leader briefly, stepping down after a vote of no-confidence by his own party. Described Israel as "a shining beacon of democracy in the Middle East" & continues to live in a dream world to this day.
Working class background - don't think so comrade!

Paul Hodson is online
03 April 2013 02:59
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Fortunate really that the guy who asked the question actually receives £156 per week I suppose!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Neil Anderson is off-line
03 April 2013 03:07
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Quote from mph
Fortunate really that the guy who asked the question actually receives £156 per week I suppose!

Hardly relevant. It was £53 a week that Duncan smith said he could live on.
(Like a under 25 js)

Funny to see council tenants with a 'spare room' being taxed whist the queen who has at least 3 spare homes paid for by the state, gets a £5 million additional handout.
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Paul Hodson is online
03 April 2013 03:09
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from stolenfaces
Hardly relevant.

surprise

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

photo_phil is off-line
03 April 2013 04:53
photo_phil
Photographer
photo_phil
Lincolnshire
Coningsby

Quote from stolenfaces

Hardly relevant. It was £53 a week that Duncan smith said he could live on.
(Like a under 25 js)

Funny to see council tenants with a 'spare room' being taxed whist the queen who has at least 3 spare homes paid for by the state, gets a £5 million additional handout.

That'll be council tenants claiming housing benefit NOT those council tenants who work to pay their rent.
Why should those in council houses have access to houses bigger than they need while those claiming housing benefit in private rented property only be allowed to claim for a house the size they need, they don't get funding for spare rooms.

The Queen, like the rest if us can have as many rooms as we want as long as we pay for them.

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
charlotte90 Chebella91 chloejade25 Cutesick Jamie32E roxsanniebel tiinak
Antz ATDIMAGES cheesy ChrisD clarmike david1500 dhuntuk donaldmac eosfan Essexjohn gazzer59 gshocker30 Ianmcculloch ianscales James65 keltica LGI Manchestertog1 markeos50d Martin2016 MIB modelboutique modjo30 Mph panda49 photomart riddell rscott360 siclews stephenmuddell Thechriss