Reminder Secure

Some common sense at last?

Gary Newton is off-line
02 April 2013 16:05
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

I recently flew with Qatar and finally an airline with common sense as opposed to money making, to get an emergency leg room seat you have to be assesed if you need one, the amount of times I have seen little people in ex legroom seat because they paid the premium; I want to open the nearest airlock door and toss them out.

Glasgow Photographer is off-line
02 April 2013 17:24
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhotographer
Strathclyde
Glasgow

What about height? What is the average player weight of the Ausie rugby team? It's not all about fat people.
Regards, George http://www.monapics.com/html/blog.html

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
02 April 2013 17:55
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from mph
Actually - it's not paying for the fatties - but, if like my slim wife, you have had an 18 stone blob leaning into you, and spreading over the armrest into your space for a long flight you do tend to feel they should pay more - and have a larger seat of course.

Good for her for sticking with the vows.............."to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish..........."  smiley
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

John McNairn is off-line
03 April 2013 07:35
Fox2006
Photographer
Fox2006
Tayside
Dundee

ok I may be a bit cynical here but it seems to smack of yet another way of increasing charges under the banner of fairness etc etc.
For example I bet the charge wont go down for slim people, they will just increase it anyway.
Erica Von Stein - jealousy does manky things to people.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 08:20
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from Fox2006
ok I may be a bit cynical here but it seems to smack of yet another way of increasing charges under the banner of fairness etc etc. For example I bet the charge wont go down for slim people, they will just increase it anyway.

They never said the charges will go down, what they say is you'll pay for the total weight of you and your luggage. 

E.G.
A light person with 50 KG of luggage will pay less than a heavy person with 50KG of luggage

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 April 2013 09:55
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

The problem of obesity has proved a far bigger problems for airlines in the United States. On at least one flight there were insufficient seatbelt extenders to deal with the number of obese passengers on board.

Overweight passengers have, on occasion, even been bumped from full flights because there is no room for them on the plane.

However on another occasion a passenger was forced to stand throughout a seven hour flight from Philadelphia to Anchorage, Alaska after being seated next to a morbidly obese man.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
03 April 2013 09:58
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from oceanova
I recently flew with Qatar and finally an airline with common sense as opposed to money making, to get an emergency leg room seat you have to be assesed if you need one, the amount of times I have seen little people in ex legroom seat because they paid the premium; I want to open the nearest airlock door and toss them out.

You would have been amused then on the flight I was on where a huge - and I mean huge - woman who had paid for an extra legroom seat had to swap with a "little person" as the seat belt extender would not fit the extra legroom seat!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
07 April 2013 16:15
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

I live in New Zealand and work with Samoans and I have to say they are not the smallest of people. Forget the hoilday pictures of taned slim people walking about in paradice, Samoans are built like brick out houses to coin the term both men and women. They are a great people and like there food, and rugby, and there has been some genectic research done to confirm they as a race have big bones and a dence bone structure. For an airline to charge by weight in this case would be completely right. I hope this will not open the doors for other airlines around the world to up there charges again as the enviromental taxes that are being charged are way over the top.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
08 April 2013 02:12
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Bet the one on the right says she has big bones:

It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
08 April 2013 06:45
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

I reckon this beautifully crafted spoof must rival the legendary Spaghetti Harvest of 1957 for the number of people it has caught out.

Bob

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Kitty_1 Softgentle
ad360photo adimages ansonphotography antoinewynn BOBREEVES david1500 digitalmood ElegantCaptures Fashionphotography ignite Jobe lenspoynter Millzy82 Rscott360 sjamesphotos skymouse Stoker tricky881