Reminder Secure

Some common sense at last?

Anthonygh is off-line
02 April 2013 10:03
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Airline decides to charge passengers by the total weight (passenger plus luggage)....about time?  It has always seemed absurd that someone twice my weight but with  a little less luggage should pay a lower fare.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-22001256

Purestorm is off-line
02 April 2013 10:09
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Were the BBC newsgathering team on holiday yesterday?

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2013 11:20
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I would support the idea wholeheartedly!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Steve Guy is off-line
02 April 2013 12:47
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

It has merit, providing that the skinny passengers get narrower seats, and the larger passengers get wider seats. And, of course, their luggage must be individually weighed and included in the equation.

Tony Nutley is off-lineGold Member
02 April 2013 12:52
TonyNutley
Photographer
TonyNutley
Hampshire
Southampton/Littlehampton

It's just that I don't fancy flying Samoan Air!

David Hunt Images is off-lineSilver Member
02 April 2013 12:57
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
Hampshire
Portsmouth

Where's that diet sheet?
www.davidhuntimages.co.uk www.themakeoverstudio.com

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2013 12:58
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Sdeve
It has merit, providing that the skinny passengers get narrower seats, and the larger passengers get wider seats. And, of course, their luggage must be individually weighed and included in the equation.

Overweight Steve? smiley

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

02 April 2013 15:40
JadedRed
Model

I figure i've got to be relatively ickle but i still think this is a whole idea is fuss over nothing. Just a way to get away with charging people more i reckon.

EDIT: Uh oh, just read the comments, why is everyone such a victim these days? Wah wah, why do i have to pay for the fatties, waaaah, life isn't fair. Man up.

Why not start on the cripples next, taking up all the damn space, requiring extra help to get on board, they should be paying the highest fees

I'm not used to hearing this sort of drivel from grown adults, its like listening to some spoil brat complaining about how their number/size/cost of xmas presents doesn't seem enough compared to some other brats number/size/cost of xmas presents. He got more than me, waaaah, but honey yours were much more expensive, its *sob* not *sob* fair, waaaaaah.

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 April 2013 16:18
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from JadedRed

EDIT: Uh oh, just read the comments, why is everyone such a victim these days? Wah wah, why do i have to pay for the fatties, waaaah, life isn't fair. Man up.

Why not start on the cripples next, taking up all the damn space, requiring extra help to get on board, they should be paying the highest fees

Actually - it's not paying for the fatties - but, if like my slim wife, you have had an 18 stone blob leaning into you, and spreading over the armrest into your space for a long flight you do tend to feel they should pay more - and have a larger seat of course.

02 April 2013 16:23
JadedRed
Model

Quote from mph
Actually - it's not paying for the fatties - but, if like my slim wife, you have had an 18 stone blob leaning into you, and spreading over the armrest into your space for a long flight you do tend to feel they should pay more - and have a larger seat of course.

That's a separate issue in my mind.

I should say i mean the comments on the link, not here.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 Cody danixhale Lushlolly pinklilly rob452 Shaneb speed84
abouncer antoinewynn D_H_P dave71 diphoto FlyingShot grahamsphotography imageatthemill Ladiesman philippahh pierre rembrandt rod_m99 rogedodge RUPERT Scotography Steveh32 thelook two_stops
Charlottealom