Reminder Secure

Fujifilm X Pro 1

01 April 2013 09:29
PCPearce
Photographer

Hi Guys,

Anybody using this camera on fashion and portrait shoots?

Many thanks,

Paul

OldMaster is off-line
01 April 2013 13:51
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Why not? But it is a "street" camera like a Leica.....how many Leica's are used for fashion? Not ideal if you like longer lenses and burst rate but great for low light and considered shots.....Go try one!

01 April 2013 13:56
promopix
Photographer

It's my main camera now, sold everything and use it for all my portrait / fashion work as it the quality is simply fantastic, very similar quality wise to Canon 5D II which is astounding considering it isn't full frame!

It's also great with the M42 adapter for old glass

OldMaster is off-line
02 April 2013 06:39
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Not so astounding!! 16+mp arranged in their own Fuji pixel layout to negate using an AA filter. Sharpness and detail compare favourably to all 12-16mp FF DSR's..with Fuji colours, DR and superb high iso performance!
(I have been a Fuji fan/user from the S3 to S5)

Believe there is a "M" adaptor for Leica lenses too but the Fuji optics, designed specifically for the body/chip are superb with the 35mm F1.4 outstanding?

Why am I telling you this promopix..you already have one, which makes me extremely jealous!!

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 07:14
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from PCPearce
Hi Guys,

Anybody using this camera on fashion and portrait shoots?

Many thanks,

Paul

apparently fantastic from the write-up's ive read.

unfortunately you may have to buy some crappy old burned-out camera that doesnt work,
the larger the better, as the models may think you are a gwc if you pull a small one out

LOL

good luck! please tell us how you got along

cheers, alex

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
03 April 2013 07:36
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

Not the Fuji but Olympus em5, sold all my heavy DSLR gear. I've now done 21 shoots with it!, mostly studio but also location. Again comparable results to freinds 5d 11 and so much less to carry around.
I didn't get the zoom so all shots were on primes, 20mm.45,and75 love the fact they are all f1.8, def wouldn't go back. GWC I don't think so --- I'm 82!!!seen enough thanks lol

A few shot on Saturday---https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4019358861656&set=a.4019358821655.1073741834.1811960331&type=1&theater

04 April 2013 05:48
PCPearce
Photographer

Quote from scubie
Not the Fuji but Olympus em5, sold all my heavy DSLR gear. I've now done 21 shoots with it!, mostly studio but also location. Again comparable results to freinds 5d 11 and so much less to carry around.
I didn't get the zoom so all shots were on primes, 20mm.45,and75 love the fact they are all f1.8, def wouldn't go back. GWC I don't think so --- I'm 82!!!seen enough thanks lol

A few shot on Saturday---https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4019358861656&set=a.4019358821655.1073741834.1811960331&type=1&theater

Nice photos Doug :-)

Makes up think what these mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras can do. Yeah the only problem I have is what the model thinks if I pulled one of these cameras out of the bag.

Paul

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
04 April 2013 06:17
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

Makes up think what these mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras can do. Yeah the only problem I have is what the model thinks if I pulled one of these cameras out of the bag.

I certainly haven't had any strange looks or remarks from models I have shot!  I think there are quite a few photographers using them in studio now.
 And once they see the results either on back of camera on on my ipad ( i use eyefi card) The usual remark is wow thats sharp.

04 April 2013 06:18
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

Yep...sold all my Canon gear (except flashes) and now only use Fuji Xpro1 and X100. Love them both
"I wont give in until I have complained about everything"

Ash is off-line
17 April 2013 09:22
hoodoo
Photographer
hoodoo
East Sussex

Yet to use my X100 on a model shoot, but will do soon, I still have my Nikons but barely use them now, Incredible little camera!

17 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Lanny1987 missloulou
bob BobWright cgwebster Funder005 lester2705 liteangle mike0048 ownimage parafotos photostevo redbaron Ross85 rscott360 stevegosh TazR2