Paul is off-lineSilver Member
28 March 2013 15:20
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from magpie1
Both the 'digitaljournal' and the Sun(say no more) appear to be paradigms of objective journalism. There are NO facts or details of the assessment process this young woman will have gone through, prior to this procedure and all the medical staff involved would have been aware of the medical and financial factors involved. It's easy to present vague 'factorials' in such way to incite "outrage" and avoid any substance or depth.

Agreed and the Sun conflating a breast enhancement operation under one NHS Trust with a lack of funds in another NHS Trust just raises peoples hackles when in fact there is no connection. Interestingly in the interview beneath the linked article the young lady states that she wasn't suffering from depression, which is just as well because NHS guidelines specifically prohibit this type of surgery where the patient is suffering from depression.
It was broken when I got here

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 March 2013 15:31
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from IainT
She has as much chance of being a successful model as I have.....................

Don't put yourself down Iain!  laugh
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

28 March 2013 15:40
PaulManuell
Photographer

I too am suffering from low self esteem - my Kawasaki ZX9R is over 10 years old and no longer a desirable bike. Which tax funded organisation can I approach for help with acquiring the BMW S1000RR that I lust, erm, I mean need?

Jesfish is off-line
28 March 2013 15:51
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Depression sufferers need councelling, not body enhancements!  If she had serious defects that were causing her to be bullied I might understand it, but I have seen the "Before" pictures and she was fine.  She certainly doesn't look more attractive anyway... still trashy. 

The world has gone crazy!

Jesfish is off-line
28 March 2013 15:53
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

P.S  I suffer from depression and often don't want to get out of bed because I feel so low.  I don't claim any benefits and I certainly don't expect freebies to make me feel better! 

Missie is off-line
28 March 2013 15:57
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I don't blame the girl, But i do think she should man up and get over it. We don't all have perfect bodies. Deal with it like everybody else. I spent my teens trying to scour my face and ripping fistfulls of hair out of my head. I was told to do breathing exercises when i felt bad.

The NHS shouldn't have funded her.

"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

28 March 2013 16:05
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from peterbuchanphoto

google josie cunningham a few sites have run it.

Christ alive she's a rough ****

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

28 March 2013 17:04
landmproductions
Photographer

did she have her lips done too? Bloody hope it wasnt on NHS if she did
visit my website www.pandaphotography.co.uk

Missie is off-line
28 March 2013 17:05
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

The thing that i think is unfair about the NHS isn't the comparison here. I don't think cancer is comparable, I don't like it when people compare IVF and Cancer either. That annoys me. It's the random rulings that annoy me, In all areas. There should be more consistent procedures and rules in place.

Antenatal scans are something that is inconsistent - You can book in a hospital who will refuse to tell you the gender at 20 weeks due to people aborting one gender - Yet the next hospital will tell you. That to me is a waste of NHS resources - Because if you're that desperate you'd just book in at the next hospital. They should either allow it everywhere, charge a fee everywhere or abolish it completely everywhere.

Cosmetic surgery like this case, Again it's inconsistent. There will be women all over who are severely depressed (And not shouting about it to all and sundry) who will be refused. They shouldn't be refused while one woman is granted. It should be consistent. If you meet a criteria you get the treatment, Or they stop it all together.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
28 March 2013 17:10
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

She doesn't say she was depressed in fact she says she burst into tears discussing it and then the person responsible for the article linked above uses the expression 'emotionally depressed'. No wonder tabloid journalism does so well when people comment on something that isn't even in the body of the article beyond the opinion of the writer!
It was broken when I got here

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Debbieann Jessicaliu1993 pinklilly Samfx Speirs19
Andy_B bninja Don_Dark flashharry grahamsphotography image_ination john_at_tina_spice kimsandman2 MIB oro Pellium plymjack RUPERT spphoto stevegosh steveh32 wacTony Weeman5 zzdigital