Peter is off-line
28 March 2013 12:56
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
West Yorkshire
Leeds

http://digitaljournal.com/article/346566

Lot of comments about it in my news feed perhaps because I live in Leeds.
Wanted to see what others here think. Personally I am disgusted at the NHS but not the girl since I know how depression can affect people and if it was genuine then I appreciate why shes had it done.
If she was just blagging a freebie to further her career then shame on her but we dont know this so IMO cant judge.

Its nigh impossible to get anything from the NHS other than copious amounts of drugs that only make you worse and eventually dependant once your body shuts off production of the feel good hormones thanks to the drugs. i couldnt even get counselling when I have a disability and mental health issues so for me it is especially galling that they would blow money on cosmetics when chance are it wont stop her self loathing since people who think such about their physical apperance are known to just find something else wrong with themselves once you "fix" the first issue

28 March 2013 13:23
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Sickening, she needs a slap, not implants.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Sharpy is off-line
28 March 2013 13:37
CHRISblunt
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
CHRISblunt
Essex
Basildon

Absolutely scandalous......

The people who authorised it should be called to account for this decision. That's taxpayers money...just what we want another Katie Price... Maybe in a couple of years she can have another enlargement cos she's depressed that she isn't as well known....! We'll pay for that too then?

28 March 2013 13:39
cathfazaxxx
Model

I think both parties are bad.

There are people on the NHS who need surgery to save their lives ect...

What angers me is she's got her boobs done, but to a big size, not a B or C but a DD (I think) and now says she wants to be like Katie Price?! Any model knows it's not easy to become a model, I feel she is looking for overnight success and that is just wrong.

It's made her look bad... But people will forget within a week or two...
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

28 March 2013 13:39
cathfazaxxx
Model

I think both parties are bad.

There are people on the NHS who need surgery to save their lives ect...

What angers me is she's got her boobs done, but to a big size, not a B or C but a DD (I think) and now says she wants to be like Katie Price?! Any model knows it's not easy to become a model, I feel she is looking for overnight success and that is just wrong.

It's made her look bad... But people will forget within a week or two...
*dont let go of something you cant go a day without thinking of* <3

28 March 2013 13:49
Marty_W
Photographer

She'll be on here soon, no experience paid work only.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
28 March 2013 14:06
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Both the 'digitaljournal' and the Sun(say no more) appear to be paradigms of objective journalism. There are NO facts or details of the assessment process this young woman will have gone through, prior to this procedure and all the medical staff involved would have been aware of the medical and financial factors involved.
It's easy to present vague 'factorials' in such way to incite "outrage" and avoid any substance or depth.

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 March 2013 14:08
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from magpie1
Both the 'digitaljournal' and the Sun(say no more) appear to be paradigms of objective journalism. There are NO facts or details of the assessment process this young woman will have gone through, prior to this procedure and all the medical staff involved would have been aware of the medical and financial factors involved. It's easy to present vague 'factorials' in such way to incite "outrage" and avoid any substance or depth.

Let's wait until the Mail carries the story to check out the facts.................

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Peter is off-line
28 March 2013 14:13
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Im finding it more upsetting that the comments I see on facebook seem to all be catty attacks on how she looks "im 45 and havent got bags like her,and my FFs are natural, shes rancid" which just shows why people get so insecure in the first place. They dont even see the irony in it

google josie cunningham a few sites have run it.
but yes they are a bit biased. how you can compare 5ks worth of surgery to a kid needing 1mil worth is beyond me. The NHS has a budget and sadly have to put a price on life... its depressing but thats simply how they have to operate without unlimited funds

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
28 March 2013 14:20
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

So let me get this right. This girl asked the NHS to give her implants and they agreed, now the girl is getting a hard time?

Why? she asked, she got. Its only a drop in the ocean in relation to the amount the NHS wastes every day. Its their fault, not hers. Fair play to her and if it makes her happy at least its less of a waste than a lot of the nonsense the NHS waste my money on.

She has as much chance of being a successful model as I have, but if she comes on here at least she will be in the company of many similarly delusional people.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mandymack
grahamsphotography iestyn JohnBaikie Lava_foto simont TheStudioMK Whitehorsephotography