Nikon D600 Please Help!!

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
05 April 2013 16:03
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Wanna buy a D80 MBD80 grip boxs for both instructions and all leads no probloms with oil! £200.

Stefan Schiefer is off-line
06 April 2013 03:02
stefanschiefer
Photographer

South Yorkshire

Quote from paulford
Wanna buy a D80 MBD80 grip boxs for both instructions and all leads no probloms with oil! £200.

haha i'll get back to you in a few weeks, I may very well take you up on that offer!

Claypaws is off-lineGold Member
06 April 2013 13:43
Claypaws
Photographer

North Yorkshire

Quote from stefanschiefer

I was speechless when I opened it! The dust/dirt had now moved to the centre of the focus area when looking through the viewfinder.

any suggestions?

Marks that are visible through the viewfinder are not dirt on the sensor. It is quite possible that Nikon made the sensor dirt worse but sensor dirt is not visible through the viewfinder.

What you should do depends on how you want to stand with regard to warranty. Cleaning the sensor yourself is by far the most effective way to do it but, if you cause any damage, you cannot claim repair under warranty. I have cleaned my sensors on several cameras very many times and never had a problem. Anything you choose to do is at your own risk.

Razoir is off-line
07 April 2013 05:57
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from Claypaws
Marks that are visible through the viewfinder are not dirt on the sensor. It is quite possible that Nikon made the sensor dirt worse but sensor dirt is not visible through the viewfinder

Absolutely. Marks in the viewfinder are on the mirror or in the prism assembly. They can not have any effect on your photographs.

Get a piece of plain white paper and fill the frame with it and photograph it. Then check a blow-up for marks. They will be from the sensor of there are any. Also do a dust off reference photograph.

Marks in the viewfinder are irritating but unless they move about are unlikely to ever effect your photographs.

The ones to be particularly wary of are the ones with legs that trot around inside your camera. No, Iam not joking!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pmagic tms