life drawing modeling

toast is off-line
19 March 2013 03:27
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

Hi all,

I've got a friend who's not a model but has wanted to be a life drawing model once - it's one of those bucket list things. It seemed like an interesting thing and since it's on her bucket list I thought I'd ask around...

Does anyone know who to contact or how she'd go about doing this?

Nick Atkins is off-lineGold Member
19 March 2013 03:36
NATKINS
Photographer
NATKINS
Oxfordshire

She might like to find out if there's a local art college or art group and approach them in the first instance.

Nick
I've taken a vow of poverty - if you really want to annoy me, send money.

Razoir is off-line
19 March 2013 09:51
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Local Education Authority may well run life-classes.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

19 March 2013 10:12
Lisaliz
Model

If it is something she only wants to do once, then it won't be worth approaching colleges or other institutions and having to fill in loads of forms.

I'd suggest trying to find a local art group which is run privately. Good places to look for these are art shops, libraries and of course, online. The other good way of finding a one-off sitting would be to ask an existing art model in her area.

toast is off-line
19 March 2013 10:36
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

Thanks all... Yeah it'll only be a one of thing for her
Forgot to add that she's in London

Amanda Degas is off-line
19 March 2013 11:00
amanda60
Model

London

I used to life model regularly, she could try 'artmod' or 'lifeart' or 'spiritedbodies' amongst others. Amanda

19 March 2013 11:08
Tansy_Blue
Model

Spiritd Bodies would be a good organisation to contact. They run classes specifically for people to try out life modelling in a group, with a strong emphasis on positive body image and life modelling as a tool for wellness. Most of women who model through Spirited Bodies do so once, at the event, and don't continue to do so afterwards, but if she does want to continue life modelling after that first session, the women who run it will normally be happy to help you out. You don't get paid for it but it's an awesome experience.

If you PM me I'll send you the appropriate contact details.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

toast is off-line
19 March 2013 17:30
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Singapore

thanks Amanda...
Tansy, PM sent

19 March 2013 19:01
_Maz_
Model

I used to model for my local college, which then led to work from independant artists, so maybe worthwhile to check with colleges nearby offering art courses.
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Paul Stevens is off-line
20 March 2013 03:41
Paulspics21
Photographer

Essex
Colchester

I did a shoot with a model the other week who said she also does life modelling and is a member of the Register of Artists Models (RAM). Never heard of it myself but probably worth a look if interested.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
antoinewynn cliffc dhuntuk Einstein eosfan guitarman kinofist MIB Nelson1983 redbaron simont skinz stevegosh Steveh32