Reminder Secure

Fake toenails / toenail removal

18 March 2013 20:09
alshepherd
Model

I've been told I need both my big toenails taken out due to really bad ingrowings. Anyone had this done and how realistic do fake nails look on them. On iphone so I can't really see much of what I' writting. Any advice would be great
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Jesfish is off-line
18 March 2013 20:11
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Poor you!  I don't know much about ingrowing toenails but I have seen the fake ones used and as long as you get the right size, they look good.

22 March 2013 19:24
laurenlangley
Model

the fake ones are very good and convincing, I dn't know whether they would be able to adhere them to bare flesh though-ouch!xI am really sorry for you hunni this sounds sooo painful x
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your Internet-assembled philosophy

Mad Mod is off-line
23 March 2013 09:10
MadMod
Make-up Artist
MadMod
West Sussex

If an ingrown toenail has to be removed a new nail will almost invariably regrow after the operation.

23 March 2013 11:54
laurenlangley
Model

yes, it would take two to three months to grow back xx

Jenelle_James is off-line
23 March 2013 15:51
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

actually no it doesnt grow back, certainly if they are taking it from the root, i had both mine done when i was about 15 for the same reason, half of mine were removed and i was told that it wouldnt grow back, luckily my toe nails are naturally quite wide anyway and it isnt immediatly noticable

23 March 2013 16:22
laurenlangley
Model

really?Gosh thats awful.I am sorry to hear that.with partial removals it grows back never seen a full removal before x

Jenelle_James is off-line
23 March 2013 16:53
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

i did have a partial removal lol they took half away on each big toe, it hasnt grown back

19 April 2013 12:51
alshepherd
Model

I've had it done on one foot. Annoyingly they wouldn't let me have both done at once. I'm really pleased with it now, it should start growing back soon and then I can get the other one done. For a big scardey pants I did pretty well I think x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

Funky is off-line
19 April 2013 15:16
Funky
Photographer
Funky
Birmingham

You need to see a podiatrist (the restricted name for a chiropodist who can do nail operations).  You will probably get a better result than having it done by an orthopaedic surgeon.  You may need to be referred by your GP to a podiatrist to have it done on the NHS free.  They may not be "ingrowing" but involuted and the sides might be able to  cleared.  You wouldn't need an operation then.  If they are ingrowing then it may be possible to just remove the sides and not the whole nail (partial nail avulsion).  If this is not possible (maybe it would only be a small central section left, or the whole nail is affected) then the whole nail would be removed (total nail avulsion).  In either case, in todays times the bed of the nail is then destroyed so it will not grow back (unless you ask for it not to be destroyed).  Unfortunately if it is not destroyed and it regrows the new nail will probably "ingrow" again.  The nail under surface then hardens so it looks as if there is still a nail there (unless you look closely!).  If you have to have a nail avulsion it would probably be done in a clinic or hospital out patients clinic.  It would be done under local anaesthetic.  There would be two injections in both toes (one either side).  This would be the most painful part!  You would have a large bandage on your toes for about a week.  You would be able to walk but not drive.  The dressings would then be removed and you should be OK to carry on with normal life.   False nails can then be put on if you wish (unfortunately I have no experience of this so I can't help here).  Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa AnnThompson fashion29 nicolay ryansd SuzyMonty Teela
Davebu dhuntuk freddie Kjoservices MIB mike0048 moorlane pierre ricciarelli Rscott360 steveh32 Willjamieson