Reminder Secure

New here, but have no idea how this works, yet..

16 March 2013 09:08
JemmaFunge
Model

Hi everyone,

I have no idea how this site works, tips would be great

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
16 March 2013 09:15
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Have fun.

Purestorm is off-line
16 March 2013 09:52
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Quote from JemmaFunge
Hi everyone, I have no idea how this site works, tips would be great

The Help And Advice section is probably a good place to start Jemma.

16 March 2013 10:09
RobGolding
Photographer

Wow....just WOW.... obviously the management are not over the "don't mention the other site" mentality, and resort to removing posts.

Christ...

Anyway, Welcome Jenna, don't mention the war, I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...

16 March 2013 11:01
JemmaFunge
Model

Hey

I don't see the harm in mentioning another site, if you are confident and happy with your site then who cares if you mention another.... :S

Gerry is off-line
16 March 2013 11:25
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Surrey
Guildford

Hi Jemma, best thing is probably to aclimatise first with regard to forum posting, use of the casting system and messaging. Don't mention the war, either. Rob only thinks he got away with it

It is a large and generally friendly site but has a few important rules and a few unwritten ones that us old timers are well aware of but sometimes people innocently [or not so innocently] fall foul of.

Many newbies get swamped with lots of messages in the early days, of which not all are suitable or within the limits the model has on their port!
If you have to ask why I do it, you will never understand the reason why

Phil is off-line
16 March 2013 11:28
Phillipa87
Model
Phillipa87
Hampshire
Aldershot

Anyway, Welcome Jenna, don't mention the war, I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...

Fawlty Towers, good man! :-D My favourite episode.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself"

Phil is off-line
16 March 2013 11:33
Phillipa87
Model
Phillipa87
Hampshire
Aldershot

But yeah, hi Jemma *waves*

Like Oscar said, have fun and don't let yourself get inundated with messages and requests within the first month or so. Sieve through them to find the best ones for you, put up casting calls for TFP collabs with good local togs.
Also spend some time on the forums too, get to know people in your area and just be friendly

We're not that bad!! hehe.

Good luck in your modelling, you've got a great look (and I love your tats).

Phil x
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself"

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
16 March 2013 14:32
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I've been nominated from my household to offer you a big welcome
Gerry
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Pixel Sensation is off-line
17 March 2013 05:02
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham/Grantham

Welcome Jemma. Great look. Look forward to seeing your portfolio grow
Neil

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Candykisses DanielleWx Lucina Scarlett_rose14 Stephieb27 toxicinnocence
63jian Arterotica david1500 funky HarishPadalia kimsandman2 Kjoservices Ladiesman michaelangelo mlp panda49 psn Quad1 Studio1 thelook
harbourstudio