Paul Jones is off-line
12 March 2013 16:29
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Quote from tjaym
And it wasn't a question to imply that I want to start being paid, it was more because of jobs OFFERING paid work

If you're receiving offers of paid work you could perhaps ask them what their budget is and take it from there.

A quick glance through the Casting Calls will also show what kind of "reduced rates" some models are offering at the moment.

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 March 2013 16:40
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from tjaym
Thanks big fish, and PYGAR1 drop the attitude I have thousands of pictures on cd's just at the moment can't upload them from an iPad!! And plenty of experience

Pot, kettle?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

12 March 2013 17:30
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from tjaym
Thanks big fish, and PYGAR1 drop the attitude I have thousands of pictures on cd's just at the moment can't upload them from an iPad!! And plenty of experience

It doesn't matter what you've got on your ipad, if your port has two bad photos on it, thats how you'll be judged, and rightly so.

I'd suggest uploading some of your 1000's and then asking again, for better answers?

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

GCImages is off-line
12 March 2013 19:18
GSC4X
Photographer
GSC4X
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Accepting your previous responses, based on your current profile, only TF I'm afraid.  

Photographers don't generally pay up up-front for what they may achieve, they want to see that you can nail it before you charge for it.

13 March 2013 03:32
Lisaliz
Model

Quote from GSC4X
Accepting your previous responses, based on your current profile, only TF I'm afraid.  

Photographers don't generally pay up up-front for what they may achieve, they want to see that you can nail it before you charge for it.

But the OP is asking what to respond to a photographer who is asking her for her rates.

I'd go with what Jes suggests, or maybe £15 to £20 depending on how much she wants the booking.

Phil-G is off-line
13 March 2013 08:25
Phil_G
Photographer
Phil_G
Kent
Sittingbourne

It can be a bit of a mine field, £15 - £25 seems to be the average. Its very true about port pic's, had a newbie on another site with 5 pic's taken in her lounge - phone quality & would not take less than £50 hour, needless to say she didn't get any work.

13 March 2013 13:53
RobGolding
Photographer

Quote from tjaym

Drop the attitude? Wow......looks like you have the attitude to me. They were not to know you had thousands of images already on cd were they? Are people supposed to be psychic where you are concerned maybe?

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
14 March 2013 04:06
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Quote from tjaym
Can someone please give me some reasonable rates in what I should offer hourly half day full day etc

If you're serious about modelling, ask for some decent up to date fotos instead of cash.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

Renton is off-line
14 March 2013 07:16
Renton
Photographer
Renton
London

Hi TJ
The tricky question of rates and so on. To start you don't have a portfolio worthy of charging a fortune, that said your low res shots and stats look ok so I'm sure you look the part. Most people who would get the best shots of you would not pay you simply because of this, and those that would pay you would not either give you photos or would not provide decent quality images to benifit you. Can I suggest getting some casting images done, on the iPad is fine against a plain wall in bra and knickers and a simple unretouched head shot (again iPad quality is fine, get your mum of friend to do it), I think everyonme should have this in the folio as it gives us an idea of what we are working with raw material wise. As some have said paying a decent photographers on here for some folio shots could be the way to go and you can cover the cost of the shoot very quickly if you start getting payed shoots.
Hope that helps
Stu

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
miles
bigearspix cygnet rscott360