This thread is being watched by 2 people
Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
09 March 2013 13:28
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thanks for all the comments, Do you get adverts thru the F1 coverage? thats something i HATED when itv showed F1.
I long for the days when you can suscribe to a chanel and not get any adverts but still watch sport/movies/ special interest(no not babestation) and the like...If i watch a itv program for example, id most likely record it so can fast forward thru them...
I understand what guys are saying about lots and lots info & old races on sky but thats just the point, id rather watch a quality produced program featuring F1 and drivers and interviews which bbc team provide without 'filling in the time with 'repeats'....
But again thanks guys....

Ok  looks like a good season coming up, anyone have any ideas on who is going to do well this year,Im a Button fan & think Lewis is gonna get bogged down like schmacher did last year...

Gary Newton is off-line
09 March 2013 14:40
oceanova
Photographer
oceanova
Essex

Sorry mate this will be Alonso's year, my camp mates are the Jenson Button Barmy Army so I'm on my own with Ferrari

Steve M is off-line
09 March 2013 17:30
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

No adverts on Sky during the race, uninterrupted coverage thank god ! very comprehensive and informative coverage, they've been showing the pre-season testing programme with input from various teams
I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

Allan Marshall is off-line
09 March 2013 18:18
raven60
Photographer
raven60
Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

As long as Jenson Button wins I'll be watching.
Hoping McLaren lead the way for the 2013 season!

T K M is off-line
10 March 2013 04:10
8img
Photographer
8img
Greater Manchester
manchester

Very surprised with sky viewing figures for Sky F1. Spending massive amounts flying a large production team around the world but only averaging around 0.5m viewers per live race verses 4m per live race for the BBC.

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2013 06:31
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from 8img
Very surprised with sky viewing figures for Sky F1. Spending massive amounts flying a large production team around the world but only averaging around 0.5m viewers per live race verses 4m per live race for the BBC.

It's interesting if you look at the overall figures to see where Sky do well but then trying to work out why is much more complicated. They pick up up to six times more viewers on the re-run than on the live race, the exceptions being Canada and Japan, the European races all do much better on re-run which  suggests a lot of F1 viewers are prepared to do something else during the live summer races and watch on catch-up. BBC are/were stuck with either going for a live audience or a re-run on the red button which would clash with their other schedules.
It was broken when I got here

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2013 06:31
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from 8img

It's interesting if you look at the overall figures to see where Sky do well but then trying to work out why is much more complicated. They pick up up to six times more viewers on the re-run than on the live race, the exceptions being Canada and Japan, the European races all do much better on re-run which  suggests a lot of F1 viewers are prepared to do something else during the live summer races and watch on catch-up. BBC are/were stuck with either going for a live audience or a re-run on the red button which would clash with their other schedules.
It was broken when I got here

10 March 2013 08:34
AndrewThomas
Photographer

Sky coverage is good... yes there is a lot of it, some weekends i watch it all, or just skip to qualifying and races... better to choose from lots than be stuck with highlights on the BBC

You only need HD subscription to receive it, and yes a race weekend will take up half a sky box, but you can also record in standard definition

T K M is off-line
10 March 2013 10:29
8img
Photographer
8img
Greater Manchester
manchester

Starting April F1 is moving to the sports pack.

10 March 2013 11:09
AndrewThomas
Photographer

Quote from 8img
Starting April F1 is moving to the sports pack.

Only for new customers, if you upgrade to hd this month you will get f1

They are restructuring their hd and 3d packages from April

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AndyGStudios dave81 RoninUK