Reminder Secure

Agency or no agency?

07 March 2013 11:38
Jordanamber
Model

Hi,

I am quite new to this, though I have done a number of shoots in the past months with a few more booked for this year!
I am want to (hopefully) make a career out of modelling and now wondering if approaching a local agency would be the best way to go?

If so what kind of pictures should I send?
What sort of look?

Thank you for your help

07 March 2013 11:52
1919_Images
Photographer

Most agencies will want to see casting images, eg minimal make up, hair tied back, full length body shot in underwear, they wont need anything else, reputable agencies wont charge a fee so avoid any that ask for money, good luck and be prepared for knock backs as youre on the small side for most agencies (5'8" minimum).

KHV is off-line
07 March 2013 13:08
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

I would avoid the "local" agencies, normally they do not have clout or prestige.

I might as well say it but at 5ft 5inches and not doing glamour, your painting yourself into a corner. Not of course that I'm suggesting you do anything you do not want to do but you have to be very realistic about your chances, and even with someone who has all the right boxes ticked, it's still a hard slog to earn.

Jesfish is off-line
07 March 2013 14:51
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from Keltica
I would avoid the "local" agencies, normally they do not have clout or prestige. I might as well say it but at 5ft 5inches and not doing glamour, your painting yourself into a corner. Not of course that I'm suggesting you do anything you do not want to do but you have to be very realistic about your chances, and even with someone who has all the right boxes ticked, it's still a hard slog to earn.

I agree with most of this.  I doubt you would be signed to a big agency...sorry if that's harsh!  I am with a local agency and have had lots of paid work so don't discount them completely, but don't pay to go onto their books and make sure they do actually get people work!

I personally think you should pursue another career and keep modelling as a hobby or part time job.

Missie is off-line
08 March 2013 15:07
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

Give it a try but i would take hes's advice and stick to it as a hobby.

At 20 years old and 5ft5 you won't get signed by a fashion agency.
You don't do glamour modelling and are only a b cup so glamour agencies are out too really.

Most of the paid work on these sorts of sites involve nudity, Which you don't do.

There are plenty of hobbyists around though and plenty of girls on these sites who enjoy modelling just for the fun and experience - Theres no reason you can't too.
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

09 March 2013 04:09
PaigeAWoods
Model

I disagree. Glamour modelling is not revolved around 'getting naked' and huge chests. I am a C cup and find I have been approached for glamour work more than anything. I am also petite myself at 5'5 and a half, however. I have done tasteful glamour shoots. People get glamour misunderstood a lot of the time. I personally think fashion and commercial however, is not the way for you. Check out models like Arabella D, Caitlin Wynters, etc. who combime glamour with fashion for magazines like FRONT. If you're prepared to be shot in underwear and want recognition with the possinility of an agency like GIRL or Sam Bond (the biggest ones in the game) signing you there is still a chance. Try sending your pics to GIRL and ZOO if you're realistic and serious about modelling and consider ghe Glamour route.
Paige

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann
gordon