Paul is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2013 17:22
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from couchpotato
I have just heard on the radio that Top Gear are filming on 90 mile beach today. They are filming a jet car? I can't find out if it's the UK presenters or the Aussie rip off guys.

Clarkson is in Oz at the moment, he slipped it into one of his articles for the Times. Then he's off to New Zealand, Spitsbergen, South Africa, Moscow and the Netherlands
It was broken when I got here

Derek is off-line
10 March 2013 17:30
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Kent
Faversham

Top Gear stopped being about cars ages ago. It's now the television equivalent of a lads mag with a few cars thrown in.

10 March 2013 17:30
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from PaulManuell

You can bet your bottom dollar that the company filming the programme offered your council big bucks, and unfortunately, as with councils everywhere, they take more notice of money than residents' views. No doubt they'll come out with a 'Puts money into the local economy,' justification for riding rough shod over those residents.

Having said that, though, I'd love to watch the car racing at top speed across the beach if I was a local resident there.

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
11 March 2013 14:58
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

Just found out the beach will be closed today and the rest of the week for 2 hrs per day for filming. It is the UK presenters doing it. May be they don't trust Hammy with another jet car on his own!! There has been no tv coverage about this at the moment only radio, if I see anything I will post a link etc.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 March 2013 15:21
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from couchpotato
Just found out the beach will be closed today and the rest of the week for 2 hrs per day for filming. It is the UK presenters doing it. May be they don't trust Hammy with another jet car on his own!! There has been no tv coverage about this at the moment only radio, if I see anything I will post a link etc.

Hope they get better weather than I did!  Last time I was there, it was 90 yard visibilty! 

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

ChrisS is off-line
11 March 2013 17:58
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

Slightly back on track, I thought this special was actually pretty good, far better than last years India effort:

Bolivia Special
Vietnam Special, closely followed by
Africa Special
Middle East Special
Botswana Special
American Special
Arctic Special, and then, a long way in the distance, a special hatred reserved for:
India Special

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bergstrom grahamsphotography schuiab