Top Gear

djwilby is off-line
06 March 2013 03:55
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

I'm not a big petrol head (I drive a Nissan Primera!) but I love the show.

I know that alot of it might be staged and scripted but I find it a lot funnier than other shows that they pass off for light entertainment.

The first part of the Africa show was excellent and I will be watching the second part on Sunday evening.
I knew it was coming, but watching the camera pan across Clarkson and May, having a cold one, sat on the bonnets of their car and then across to Hammond sat in the comfy chair was a lol moment.
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Holmax is off-line
07 March 2013 12:36
Holmax
Photographer
Holmax
East Yorkshire
Hull

I love it myself. Yes it's a bit cliché but who cares?
It's light entertainment with some incredible cars that most of us can only dream of owning. My favourite special was the Vietnam one with the mopeds, I don't think they'll ever top that one.

What I would love to see is re-runs of the really old top gears with Noel Edmunds etc. I'd just love to see them reviewing cars like the Austin Maestro and ohh'ing and arr'ing at its digital speedo etc.
www.holmax.com

clarmike is off-line
07 March 2013 15:57
clarmike
Photographer
clarmike
Norfolk
Norwich

I once came across Jeremy Clarkson in the port at Porto Vecchio, he had a big boat and said he had a villa there.

I remarked that there must be a lot of money to be earned by driving cars badly. I think that sums up Top Gear

alexkidd is off-line
07 March 2013 16:05
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

its ok, started getting a bit dull but there have been some gem moments like the hi-lux battering

as has been said it's the theatrics and false timing that started to put me off
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
07 March 2013 16:25
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

Down here in New Zealand we get it about 2 years after you lot have seen it!

Paul is off-lineSilver Member
09 March 2013 07:43
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
Dorset
Christchurch

Quote from couchpotato
Down here in New Zealand we get it about 2 years after you lot have seen it!

A bit like watching 'Dave' then.
It was broken when I got here

10 March 2013 15:01
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

I have just heard on the radio that Top Gear are filming on 90 mile beach today. They are filming a jet car? I can't find out if it's the UK presenters or the Aussie rip off guys.

10 March 2013 15:23
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from couchpotato
I have just heard on the radio that Top Gear are filming on 90 mile beach today. They are filming a jet car? I can't find out if it's the UK presenters or the Aussie rip off guys.

Now THAT (assuming it's shown over here if not filmed by the British crew) I WOULD like to watch.

10 March 2013 15:50
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

The only reason it was talked about on the radio was that the local council gave permission without asking the locals who live on/nr the beach. It will most likely be on the news tonight if so I will post a link to the news channel.

10 March 2013 16:21
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from couchpotato
the local council gave permission without asking the locals who live on/nr the beach.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the company filming the programme offered your council big bucks, and unfortunately, as with councils everywhere, they take more notice of money than residents' views. No doubt they'll come out with a 'Puts money into the local economy,' justification for riding rough shod over those residents.

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Kitty_1 tomdowie
AaronKent andyf antoinewynn djb1 dorrian Dphphotography eosfan Flyingphotographer gadzooks2 Geronimo guitarman Ladiesman markeewould martinchristie mlp nemesis nick34eh PhilStorm plld poah pose4me stevegosh Steveh32 will_i_am