Reminder Secure

Top Gear

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2013 14:35
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

I love a bit of Top Gear, I don't expect car reviews, I can read the Internet for that. I thought their fiesta review was very helpful though, I managed to outrun loads of baddies in Corvettes and have completed 2 beach assaults in mine..... Is it green....yes, very....
Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2013 14:41
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you want serious car reviews watch 5th Gear, which is simply the old version of top gear, along with its presenters. Who went off in a huff over some spat with the BBC. Remind me how popular that one is again?

Personally on a Sunday evening with a bottle of wine in front of me that is the last thing I need though. Yes it does get a bit stale at times, that tends to be the problem with nearly any show that runs long enough. It is still one of the few programs that dares to trample over the patronising drab political correctness that permeates so much of the BBC now though.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Pixel Sensation is off-line
04 March 2013 15:30
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham/Grantham

I agree some of its staged but i love Top gear. last nights, as silly as it was, was beautifully shot. The scenery was breathtaking. Who would not want to watch that.
Top Gear is not really about reviewing cars, its more like lads chat, they even joke about the fact they never review normal cars.

Imagery is off-line
04 March 2013 15:44
Imagery
Photographer

North Yorkshire

Top Gear is awesome....

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2013 16:23
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

I mus admit I enjoyed the rest of the adventures more.

Now in this case it was not as good.

However as I am obsessed with Africa due to reading Wilbur Smith books.

So I really enjoyed it.
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
04 March 2013 16:29
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

It's probably the only TV program I watch - until the next Game of Thrones starts.

Half the time it's dissapointing, the other half it's good.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2013 17:37
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from modjo30
OK i think you're all missing the point. Top gear = Entertainment show, not car show 5th Gear = Car show I watch both and love each in their own right Never thinks of Top gear as a show for testing cars because it's not

You've got it in one, although I don't watch 5th gear. 

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

04 March 2013 18:20
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from acme

A Ferrari driving down a straight road versus a 2 legged cat climbing Everest with a washing machine tied to its back, and the cat wins it by 1 second!!!!

And of course, none of these challenges are rehearsed in any way, shape or form, they're just thought up, they turn up at the location and begin. And it's all done in one take with no editing. And they always finish within seconds of each other. Astounding.

GrahamWhite is off-lineSilver Member
05 March 2013 16:37
grahamwhite
Photographer
grahamwhite
Warwickshire
Leamington Spa

A bit of missing the point going on here...

It's the most watched TV programme... (drop an octave) In the World

Megga, megga bucks, in fact there are only 25 or so countries that don't screen it as 'prime time TV'

Even my 13 y/o daughter spotted a bit of rehearsed humour, every single minute is beautifully shot, with Hollywood epic budgets (helicopters, huge crew) and rehearsed to the nano second.

I love it, mainly it's because its for people like us, not Public school toffs (in my humble opinion)

Jenny Wren is off-line
05 March 2013 23:33
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Every so often it has a moment of sheer, petrol headed bliss that I can forgive the crap. The Bugatti vs the Typhoon - that beautifully shot turn and vertical dive from the jet. Pretty much the whole test of the (new) Nissan GTR was enough to give me alone time material for WEEKS. The car "reviews" might not be up to much but you have to admit it is a beautifully executed programme which films in some stunning locations. I particularly liked the Arctic episode, I had recently read the book on Richard Hammonds crash and he describes in there why he got so upset on the trip.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
nataliaforrest pinklilly stratman79
Images1854 Pval Robinsky woody