Reminder Secure

Top Gear

04 March 2013 11:01
PaulManuell
Photographer

Did anyone watch the Top Gear Africa 'special' last night? Talk about Dull with a capital D. And there's part 2 of it next week. Well that's one less (or is it fewer?) viewer they'll have. Just forget the 'specials' and get back to the usual format. And while I'm on one, get rid of the oh so hilarious and well choreographed and scripted 'spontaneous' mishaps and arguments and stick to just testing and reporting on the cars. Ok, rant over, time to brace myself for the inevitable abuse

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
04 March 2013 11:53
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

Totally agree, Out in the wild-- get stuck, and 10 guys emerge from the bush to push them out !!!!!!!

04 March 2013 11:53
acme
Photographer

Couldn't agree more my friend.
Top Gear has been like that for years.
A Ferrari driving down a straight road verses a 2 legged cat climbing Everest with a washing machine tied to its cat back and the cat wins it by 1 second!!!!

Boring boring boring.

I'd do time for that Hammond!!!!!!!!!

04 March 2013 12:49
River
Model

I love top gear...but do agree they are focusing more on the presenters now than the cars. I have to admit though i loved the week before's episode with the modified fiat multipla for 'old folks'
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

04 March 2013 12:50
photoclassic
Photographer

Quote from scubie
Totally agree, Out in the wild-- get stuck, and 10 guys emerge from the bush to push them out !!!!!!!

Actually I can vouch for that happening myself.  Last year, caught in a flash flood whilst fording a stream on the way to Masai Mara, 60 miles from the nearest town.  Landrover completely drowned.  Within ten minutes there was a Masai elder there, who got out his mobile phone and within another 10 minutes there were around 20 people there to help.  Africa is amazing!
We do not stop playing because we have grown old; we grow old because we have stopped playing

Profile Pictures is off-line
04 March 2013 13:03
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Agreed, it now stinks of elderly public schoolboy humour and irrelevant masturbatory pranks to break things. It's like geriatric Jackass.

How about reviewing normal cars, like they used to, giving oim depth insight to help guide ( licence paying) BBC viewers to make sensible purchase decisions. Throw in some exotic and some racing/personality/news. Happy days.

Just quit with the 'you don't have to be mad to work here but it helps'
'God aren't we zany and madcap' office humour with an engine profilepictures is a naughty person e.

04 March 2013 13:48
Webbo2
Photographer

I personally love it, but I'm probably part of the target audience. I don't particularly care about serious car reviews, but if I was then I would no doubt be looking elsewhere. I love the entertainment factor of it, and don't think of it as a motoring show, instead I think of it as an entertainment show containing motors.
EYUP!

modjo30 is off-line
04 March 2013 14:12
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Cambridgeshire
st neots

OK i think you're all missing the point.

Top gear = Entertainment show, not car show
5th Gear = Car show

I watch both and love each in their own right
Never thinks of Top gear as a show for testing cars because it's not

MARK WALDEN is off-line
04 March 2013 14:19
markwalden
Photographer
markwalden
Staffordshire
BURNTWOOD

Quote from modjo30
OK i think you're all missing the point. Top gear = Entertainment show, not car show 5th Gear = Car show I watch both and love each in their own right Never thinks of Top gear as a show for testing cars because it's not

+1

04 March 2013 15:34
Bella0012
Model

I really enjoy it - prefer the old episodes though, they dont seem as staged, plus the dog was cool.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin davenport Gracieuxlove jenstar22 maria_dyl
bradder chicimages daveo eosfan Essexjohn Hazy keltica MIB paulspics21 penfold10 redbaron Sarge skinz smooth_image steveh32 w4pictures westend_portfolios