Reminder Secure

Am I putting down the wrong measurments?

27 February 2013 20:31
Tansy_Blue
Model

Hip measurements should be taken from the widest part, you're doing it correctly. Don't compare your measurements to others, lots of models here are clearly measuring incorrectly or outright lying.

Also - rock those 40" hips! I have really wide hips too and love them.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

28 February 2013 04:47
catherine_s
Model

Thanks guys!

Tansy, you are a gorgeous lady, and look amazing!

Michael Dainty is off-line
28 February 2013 10:30
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Photographer
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from catherine_s
Hey ladies and gents, I've recently started doing some fit modelling so I am much more aware of my up to date measurements, and always put the largest part of my hips (around my bum) as my hip measurement, which to me sounds huge! However, I know I'm not a fashion model and often take a size 12 on my bottom half, but when looking at other models profiles in general their hip measurements seem tiny, even for those who are a lot shorter, and a lot heavier than I am. I've also seen those with my measurements claiming they are a size 8? So am I right? Or should I be putting down my hip BONE measurements which is a much more respectable 37''? Thanks Feeling confused, and kinda chubby P.S excuse the spelling error in the title

Your doing it right...around the largest part, hold the tape at the side (one point to keep in mind is that tailor's cloth tapes can sometimes stretch a little if they are old) but the main thing is... don't be worried by numbers.
Your height too can vary a little from time to time and even within the same day but if you want to look taller and slimmer just go out on a date with mebroken heartMike.

Alan Strutt is off-line
28 February 2013 12:13
AlanStrutt
Photographer
AlanStrutt
London

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Measurements-(For-Women)

A guide to measure your stats

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
DareMeDD harryking kategrimsby RoxyMendez ryansd
andrewf antoinewynn chicimages D_H_P dannyrich david1500 djb1 dorrian GGDP_Photography gperl ignite Ladiesman mlp parafotos penfold10 photostevo psn Rhadamanthus skymouse swalsh58 Thunder_Photos
harbourstudio