Reminder Secure

Am I putting down the wrong measurments?

27 February 2013 13:45
catherine_s
Model

Hey ladies and gents,

I've recently started doing some fit modelling so I am much more aware of my up to date measurements, and always put the largest part of my hips (around my bum) as my hip measurement, which to me sounds huge!

However, I know I'm not a fashion model and often take a size 12 on my bottom half, but when looking at other models profiles in general their hip measurements seem tiny, even for those who are a lot shorter, and a lot heavier than I am. I've also seen those with my measurements claiming they are a size 8?

So am I right? Or should I be putting down my hip BONE measurements which is a much more respectable 37''?

Thanks

Feeling confused, and kinda chubby

P.S excuse the spelling error in the title

Suzy Monty is off-line
27 February 2013 13:54
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Measurements are a funny thing.

I sometimes tower above models who claim to be a 5'8"...(I am 5'7"...and of course girlies change according to the time of the month.

I think photographers will book you for your overall look, rather than worrying about an odd inch or two out.laugh

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

27 February 2013 13:56
catherine_s
Model

Thanks Suzy, I've also just discovered I'm more 5'8 than 5'9, although I've always been taller than folk (mostly boys) who claim they are 5'8, I guess they are not

Suzy Monty is off-line
27 February 2013 13:58
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I find that with some designers I can fit into 8 size clothes, and with others it's a l0.

You certainly don't look 'chubby' in your main profile picture - just slim and STUNNING!cool
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

27 February 2013 14:01
catherine_s
Model

Awww thanks!

It's just a bit of a minefield! Guess I should just stop comparing myself to others! In another industry, I probably wouldn't have a clue what my measurements were!

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
27 February 2013 17:00
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Catherine, if you can help pay my travelling expenses, I'd be willing to travel with my measuring tape, and help you get that measurement.

P.S.
I'm pretty sure you're NOT chubby
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Missie is off-line
27 February 2013 18:21
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

I measure my hips the same way you do.

Re; Other models measurements, Sometimes they are a bit deceiving. I've know girls with the same waist measurement as me - But to look at them you would think they were a lot bigger because of how they are proportioned, their height etc. Similarly girls look slimmer for the same reasons.

Sometimes models on these sites do just lie shamelessly though!
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

Missie is off-line
27 February 2013 18:26
Missie0290
Model
Missie0290
Merseyside
Newton-le-Willows

And i wouldn't say you are chubby. Your waist is an inch smaller than mine and you're also an inch taller!
You have wider hips than me (Mine are a 35) But that is actually a good thing, Especially for your height - Many women of your height and above find they have an android pelvis, and narrow hips is a sign of this, So a woman of your hieght having good sized hips is an indicator that you don't have this.

An android pelvis makes childbirth difficult, So if you have, or are planning on having children, Be very thankful for those hips!

Totally off topic there but nevermind!
"[Toni] has a short fuse when it comes to stupidity"

27 February 2013 19:19
catherine_s
Model

Ha, thanks Missie, I've always been told I have child baring hips, but no plans to have them anytime soon!
I do have naturally wide hips, it's not just fat, even when I was very skinny due to illness, they were still there.

Thanks all, for cheering me up

Wes Halton is off-lineGold Member
27 February 2013 20:28
Cygnet
Photographer

Greater Manchester
Farnworth Bolton

You are feeling chubby?? ... giggle... not a cat in hells chance! But people are right about your hips !

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jeff156156156
Cheshunt83 clarmike duncanjames JohnDentonPhoto rscott360 tms