gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
10 March 2013 18:59
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from anthonyh
If anyone knows of any reasonably priced dealers / web sites to buy film please feel free to share the knowledge....

My local shops have both AGFA and KODAK film in stock, both with more than a year till expiry date.  

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Howard Mansfield is off-line
10 March 2013 21:02
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Depends on what it is though. Occassionaly we'll get Kodak Gold, but usually it's that Color Plus. I've never seen Agfa.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Doug Ross is off-line
15 March 2013 17:05
DougRossPhotographic
Photographer
DougRossPhotographic
Central
Falkirk

Use an elderly Minolta and Nikon whenever I get a chance - (and take a lot of stick from friends for my old fashioned habits!)
Smile.......'Today is the first day of the rest of your life!'

Paul is off-line
15 March 2013 17:20
ShootonLocation
Photographer
ShootonLocation
West Midlands
UK Professional Photographer

I have boxes of Ilford 36 HP5 from the 1990's

Also boxes of Fuji 36 colour film from the same era

Also Ilford (darkroom) multigrade paper

And a wife who wants to reclaim a walk in cupboard

The law says if I flog the lot the very next week someone will want to commission me to use the stuff

.. it is what you leave out of the photograph that makes the picture

Rupie is off-lineSilver Member
16 April 2013 17:19
Rupie
Photographer

Worcestershire

My 20 year old Nephew shoots on film with an old RB67. He loves it and because, coupled with the fact I taught him to imagine there is no photoshop, its helped his technical and creative ability no end.

Shooting on film can teach us important lessons about the skill of photography, which we can then use to get even better results from our digital work.

I also shoot film, 35mm and 120, I go to http://www.theimagingwarehouse.com/ they have everything, including people at the end of the phone happy to chat about stuff.

Sacredo is off-line
16 April 2013 17:37
Sacredo
Photographer
Sacredo
Surrey

Do they still make film?
Photographer

Howard Mansfield is off-line
16 April 2013 18:00
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Which "They" are you referring to?
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

Paul Stevens is off-line
17 April 2013 02:24
Paulspics21
Photographer

Essex
Colchester

I've been using my dad's old Olympus Trip dating from around 1970 - a simple but classic piece of kit recently in the top 10 all time best cameras in an AP mag poll. B/W film as well and really makes you think about the basics of photography again. Also just picked up a Zenit E with assorted lenses from an antique dealer in my town so hoping to use it on a model shoot soon. I also bought a Canon EOS 5 body which takes the lenses from my EOS range of digital kit so using that as well.

Keep buying and using the traditional film - show the ever-decreasing number of developing companies out there that there is still a market and demand for such services!

David Kirk is off-line
17 April 2013 02:57
DKirk
Photographer

Glasgow
Glasgow

The guys at http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/ are pretty helpful too.
5x4? Still shooting that And when I find a reel, I'll be shooting 70mm too. . .

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin EmmaCarrie18 LSSlut Marieechloe
bertram Bristoltalent Daniel77 david1500 digitalmood Flanders For_Arts_Sake gazzer59 humphries Jamesrichards Ludapix markeos50d michaelangelo mlp panda49 parafotos PDCPhotos rossiter sniffer Spiritofwales stevegosh TheChrisS woody