Film?

This thread is being watched by 2 people
silver-star is off-line
20 February 2013 12:26
silverstar
Photographer
silverstar
Surrey

Just dug out an old 35mm slr and bought an 80-200 f3.8 lens for it (£35) and some cheap Ilford B+W obviously I will have developing costs on top but I feel enthusiastic about shooting on film again. Anyone else still shooting film or taking the step back to the good old days? Any advice would be helpful especially on scanning/photoshop.

JP

20 February 2013 12:46
Aesthetique
Photographer

Quote from silverstar
Just dug out an old 35mm slr and bought an 80-200 f3.8 lens for it (£35) and some cheap Ilford B+W obviously I will have developing costs on top but I feel enthusiastic about shooting on film again. Anyone else still shooting film or taking the step back to the good old days? Any advice would be helpful especially on scanning/photoshop. JP

I still shoot ILFORD film on location.....

PM Sent

Anthonygh is off-line
20 February 2013 13:33
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Use Google...the web is littered with sites with info on film and scanning techniques.

PS: Have a look at the forums on fredmiranda.com

Suzy Monty is off-line
20 February 2013 13:47
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I shot with Paul Manuell a couple of times here in Cornwall recently - he ONLY  ever uses film...really nice chap, have a chat with him..

http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=PaulManuell

One from the editorial shoot we did together in Truro, Cornwall.
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

OHKAN is off-lineSilver Member
20 February 2013 17:45
ohkan
Photographer
ohkan
West Sussex
East Grinstead

I'm still useing slide film, Just trying to keep slides alive

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
21 February 2013 06:02
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

I was sorting out in an old sideboard and found my Canon SLR and a pack of Fugi 35mm colour film last month. The date on film is 2005...I had completely forgoten it was there. For a laugh, I popped a film into the camera and some new batteries. The auto wind on the camera was a bit reluctant to work at first, but has cleared now. It felt great !! I used to love my outings with a roll of film. I'm going to send them up to get them developed. I understand the colours may 'run' or 'bleed' because of the date and age of the film ..but it will be interesting to see what happens..modern art photos ....Time will tell...... The Norfolk Bargee.

Chris is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2013 06:31
fotopro
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

I shoot film alongside digital - I use ag-photolab.co.uk and get process and med res scans usually for 35mm as I have a Nikon Coolscan 5000 and rescan the best shots to high res.
For Process & Scan to 100meg is £10.49 35mm 120 220 sizes.
Quick turn round and free postage to send.
End of endorsement.

Rod Munro is off-linePlatinum Member
21 February 2013 06:45
Limnerladdie
Photographer
Limnerladdie
Grampian
Banff

Never LEFT the 'Good Old Days'.... but unlike all you young guys I still have good stock of 5 X 4 PLATES to play with and a super Zeiss Double Protar (Circa 1903) to cover them with the sharpest pics you have EVER seen... But the D300 and 800 have to do the usual chores...

Rod

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
21 February 2013 06:50
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

I used an old Minolta camera a couple of months back with my 11-18mm lens and had strange but nice results shooting exotic cars.

I've now began using a nice old Pentax and intend using it on a model shoot if I ever get the time.

There's quite a few in my camera club that have started using film again.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

alexkidd is off-line
21 February 2013 07:22
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Quote from Limnerladdie
Never LEFT the 'Good Old Days'.... but unlike all you young guys I still have good stock of 5 X 4 PLATES to play with and a super Zeiss Double Protar (Circa 1903) to cover them with the sharpest pics you have EVER seen... But the D300 and 800 have to do the usual chores... Rod

is 29 young? i've got some 5x4 plates sitting in the fridge as we speak :/

www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa angeleyes777 DanielleWxx Twinkletoes1107
Bristoltalent BryanR Cms4150 digitizer eosfan flipcourt FreelanceBadger Jamesrichards johntisbury Juliankruse Ladiesman parafotos paulq photostevo psn Ramires77 redbaron Rupert Willjamieson