Reminder Secure

I need A LOT of help...

19 February 2013 18:17
mg2611
Photographer

Quote from JessieBaby2000
Should I delete my profile on here then if its mostly UK?

Not at all - just get everyone else you know to join here too.

Whilst some issues might be country specific, especially when it comes to contracts and legal issues, there's also a lot of common ground too.

OldMaster is off-line
20 February 2013 04:55
OldMaster
Photographer
OldMaster
Hertfordshire
Harpenden

Yes, Suzy Monty, what a helpful and researched response that was! Just to concur with other posts here, yes, leave your profile up of course..UK and EU togs do go to the States!

And if you are ever over here, I would certainly be happy to work with you if anything I could offer would help your portfolio...

Good luck with it all..keep up your passion and drive, keep "knocking on doors" and I am sure success will come your way..

Harvey Gordon is off-line
20 February 2013 10:26
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

Hey

I worked in a studio in Atlanta for a while ... unfortunately you were still in diapers at the time lol.

Firstly, NEVER pay for a portfolio. Do not answer ads for 'free photo shoot' or go to castings where they are obviously picking just anyone .. you will be pressured to pay for a worthless shoot.

You are an attractive young lady. Look on Model Mayhem and OMP [One Model Place] and get some tfp shoots [where you give your time for free and the photographer gives you some edited images free. This will get you a starter portfolio, some experience and possibly a start to get paid work from the same sites. Do not be concerned about working with beginners or amateurs, you can help each other. Be very concerned that whoever you shoot with is legit and has references.

Always act in a professional and friendly way. Every contact, shoot, email and text is part of your marketing campaign and word does get around, especially bad stuff.

Personally, and that is probably because I am shallow and unimaginative lol, I do not like the first three [no makeup] images on your profile. Perhaps with the right lighting that may work, but I love you main one and that is what made me read on. I would only offer a bare face if asked.

Hope that is useful. Feel free to message me if you have any more concerns

Go for it and good luck

Paul Hodson is off-line
20 February 2013 11:25
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from ziggypot
Do not be concerned about working with beginners or amateurs....................*

* Unless they are crap!

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Harvey Gordon is off-line
20 February 2013 14:07
ziggypot
Photographer
ziggypot
London

Quote from mph
* Unless they are crap!

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE alishaa ElleLaura kategrimsby
antoinewynn antonart bluesden bobmac david1500 djb1 donaldmac dougharding geoffmarchant hylander iestyn Jpdo Kjoservices Ladiesman lprphotos markeos50d MIB nik300 streetmodel tonycsm Willjamieson