Why does purestorm degrade the quality of my images

Kyle S is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2013 09:16
Dramatic_Digital
Photographer
Dramatic_Digital
Grampian
Aberdeen

Why when I upload images to purestorm does it degrade the quality of my images, I resize and keep them within the upload specifications but as soon as they are uploaded the image becomes flat, there is colour loss and highlights seem lost.....can anyone explain.....when I upload images on other sites they seem fine and only encounter this problem here.....purestorm is a great site but this issue frustrates me....
Steve

Moderator Input
Purestorm does not degrade image quality but it does downsize larger images as per below.

If your image is over 6MB in size it is unlikely to upload and will error. Please resize your image to the dimensions specified in the green text below.
If your image has a width of 895px or less and a height of 760px or less then no image compression will take place

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
18 February 2013 09:20
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Convert your images to sRGB (rather than Adobe/ProPhoto) prior to upload.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Kyle S is off-lineSilver Member
18 February 2013 09:33
Dramatic_Digital
Photographer
Dramatic_Digital
Grampian
Aberdeen

Yeah have tried different profiles adobe/pro photo and srgb with same results....

Neil Anderson is off-line
18 February 2013 09:45
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
London
West London

Post a link to another site where you have a photo so that we can see the difference
Like any dealer he was watching for the card that is so high and wild he'll never need to deal another...

Shawn Barker is off-line
18 February 2013 10:23
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Quote from RedChecker
Convert your images to sRGB (rather than Adobe/ProPhoto) prior to upload.

+1
Quote from Dramatic_Digital
Yeah have tried different profiles adobe/pro photo and srgb with same results....

Adobe and pro photo are incorrect use for web authoring
try again - you are  doing it wrong - you could always try the 'save for web' option in photoshop that sorts it out for you.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kimmikitsch Lushlolly pinklilly Teela Winterlilly
63jian abouncer Andyphotography davejarvis dhuntuk djb1 dorrian eosfan Essexjohn gerryquiff humphries JohnDentonPhoto Mac mikebee paul167 pcmphotography rscott360 RupertRudd shadowtime74 stevegosh steveh32 vapourtrail Visions11 Willjamieson
Emilyvarnfieldmua