Reminder Secure

Healthy Size For Modelling

16 February 2013 08:07
RoxiMonique
Model

Hi Guys, Just A Bit Of Advice...

Ive Just Measured Myself.. And I Had A Bit Of A Shock.. I Thought I Had Been A Size 6 All Along Growing Up. (i'm 4"10-Height)

But I'm Actually 23" In The Waist... Would People Say That Is An Unhealthy Size To Be Modelling At?

I'm Really Struggling To Look Really Healthy And Good For Shoot. Any advice or tips to make myself look good/healthy for me to carry on modelling xx

xx

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
16 February 2013 08:21
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Some people are prejudiced against slim women. Best thing is to ignore them: if you're eating a balanced diet, getting some exercise, and not starving yourself then you know you're fine. Don't let other people's ignorant and jealous hangups bother you
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Laura Jo is off-line
16 February 2013 11:24
Neonpink
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Neonpink
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Id say with your height a 23" waist sounds ideal and definately not unhealthy. As long as you're eating well and getting some exercise i wouldnt worry about it. If you want to gain weight be careful about it, its always best to see a doc or gp so they can put you on a diet so you can do it safely

16 February 2013 12:25
alshepherd
Model

to me you look healthy, you just need to get the right balance, and enjoy yourself! if you have a balanced diet, exercise and good amount of sleep you will be fine. everyones different x
See my full portfolio at http://anniesnow.wix.com/official

16 February 2013 21:30
laurenlangley
Model

when my waist was 23 inches at 23 years old I was five foot nine and I got a lot of work.I loved my figure then.23 is perfect for your height, or for any model, who wouldn't want a 23 inch waist?Also, I was a size 6 at that size.My hips were 33.xx
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your´╗┐ Internet-assembled philosophy

Chrissie Red is off-line
17 February 2013 03:38
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I don't think you look unhealthy at all, you are 4ft 10 - so you have a petite frame and its not that much smaller than my waist and I'm a big heifer. I'm not a size 6 though but thats down to my massove hips and backside. Health wise I always find if I'm eating/drinking and sleeping well I look much better for it so just make sure you get lots of rest before shoots.

17 February 2013 08:45
JadedRed
Model

Quote from skymouse
Some people are prejudiced against slim women. Best thing is to ignore them: if you're eating a balanced diet, getting some exercise, and not starving yourself then you know you're fine. Don't let other people's ignorant and jealous hangups bother you

Well that seemed unnessecary.

OP it just seems you are a small person, if you are worried go to your doctor and they will tell you whether you need to gain weight or not and how you should do it.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ChloeDevine chosin Exoticangel pinklilly
Blancho dby47 duncanpritchard iestyn philippahh photostevo redtail shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales Steveh32 Willjamieson