poppy is off-line
13 February 2013 05:50
xlinzixx
Model
This member has been reset to pending
xlinzixx
Tyne and Wear
durham

Hey not sure if this is the right place to post so sorry if its not. I'm just wanting advice on getting my 8 month old son into modelling. Does anyone know of any good agencies in the north east or how to go about getting him started?.

Ratana Rose is off-line
13 February 2013 07:00
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

not that i know of, my son got accepted to a few big ones in London but only with the condition of moving to London (due to the majority of work being down there) but i couldn't relocate

Harpy_images is off-line
13 February 2013 08:22
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
South Glamorgan
Barry Cardiff

First and foremost how is he with other people, whats his general personality?

Your best bet would be to take a few shots yourself and send them to reputable agencies in your area but bare in mind that most of the decent work tends to be in London or the M25 area.

Are you prepared to travel to castings at very short notice, do you have money to one side to cover this as most of your time as the mam of a child/baby model/actress is spent travelling around or waiting..lots and lots of waiting.
How quick is your local council with licencing? Some are better than others and have a swift turn around but others can take up to 21 days..

How is your wee one in front of a camera? try taking a couple of shots yourself against a plain background, a headshot and a full length will be fine, they dont have to be professional shots, most decent agencies can tell straight away if they can use a child or not.
You have a deeply disturbed yet strikingly fascinating thought process; like an accident involving a car full of supermodels, so beautiful and bad you just can't take your eyes off of it

19 February 2013 15:54
catherine_s
Model

http://www.tyneteesmodels.co.uk/newsite/home.html

Based in the North East, be wary of being asked for money up front whoever you apply to!

Pix Photography is off-line
19 February 2013 17:36
jetbrown
Photographer
jetbrown
West Yorkshire
Huddersfield

When my customers ask this question I refer them to this....

http://www.all4kidsuk.com/resources/baby-child-modelling
So which bit do I look through???

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carliegomez24 mandymack RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo Beemer2009 Blancho copperbronze eclipsephoto funky HarishPadalia Kjoservices Ladiesman Mike103 pandaface read RichardJohnPhotograp riddell rossiter Scotography skymouse tms tommynicoll zzdigital
Discretion