Reminder Secure

Business cards - worth the bother?

06 February 2013 07:24
_Maz_
Model

I have printed Z cards that I'll use for networking events and put together with an invoice.

I'm on the fence with them though. I do think they're nice to have and look more professional, then again, I've dished a good lot out and not had anyone come back to me via them.
Scottish Alternative Model, represented by Spirit Model Management. Just a wee bit bonkers ;) www.kasuminoir.co.uk

Kirsty Wiseman is off-line
06 February 2013 15:20
KirstyWiseman
Photographer
KirstyWiseman
Lancashire
Wigan

i carry business cards and A6 sized cards in my bag - easy for me as I also design and print them as well as Zed cards.
canon loving digi designer

EdT is off-line
07 February 2013 09:15
EdT
Photographer
EdT
Cambridgeshire

Quote from JenSomerfield
I think it's very relevant for photographers to have business cards, it's a bit different in the case of a model though.

I suppose it depends a lot on where you might be going where you are going to find photographers to hand them out to.

I guess notice boards at studios would make a lot of sense.

Quote from JenSomerfield
I think I might go with moo!

I would thoroughly recommend them. Their printing is beautiful and the card is a very good quality.

djwilby is off-line
07 February 2013 11:16
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

Double check at the end of the order - some will put their own imprint on the back of your cards - unless you pay them extra to remove it!

If you were nearer I would be happy to offer you a TF business cards!

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

DigiBlue is off-line
08 February 2013 19:19
DigiBluePhoto
Photographer
DigiBluePhoto
Norfolk
King's Lynn

I have always given out business cards and also leave them in restaurants and garages etc. Good business sense.
I make my own double sided and lamenated this way I can easily update the design if I need to.
Steve

Chrissie Red is off-line
08 February 2013 19:25
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I've had a few sets printed off in the past.

I have left them with people and given them out. I wouldn't say its could ever have been a negative "thing" to have on hand.

The last lot I had done was with MOO - using various different images, which was handy as you can pick which one to give to somebody. Like if I meet somebody who is a clothing designer for example I'm more likely to give them a nice clothed image of me card.

This has reminded me that I really need to get some more done, I only have 5 in my purse left.

x

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
09 February 2013 02:42
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Yes. I've given a few business cards of models out to selective students of mine.
Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
09 February 2013 06:05
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

Yes. Before the internet it was easy to give a card to a potential model.
Now I pass them out at networking events and photoshows.
Always give a card to a model as soon as we meet so that she knows who I am and where we are going ( if I meet them at the station).
Still hand them out in Asda, Tesco,and other places.
Last week it was at the dentists - dental nurse was showing off her (new)smile to the receptionists so I offered a shoot - gave her a card.

Print your own if you only need a couple of dozen. Blanks from Staples etc -setup in word.

diipii is off-line
09 February 2013 13:54
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Its up to you to make them worth the bother.
It only happens all the time.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jeff156156156
Cheshunt83 clarmike grahamsphotography JohnDentonPhoto mauricesimagery tms