Reminder Secure

iPhone 3GS - has started switching itself off!

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 February 2013 04:08
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

My phone has died this morning and it was charged up yesterday (~18 hours ago) and I haven't used it since being charged so it looks like I'm having the same problem. To be fair this is still the original battery so it's lasted quite well compared to what I've heard of other people's phones.

New batteries are ~£95 from what I've been told in the past but I'll see what O2 say about an iPhone 5, if there's not much in it I'll upgrade.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
05 February 2013 12:17
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from RedChecker
My phone has died this morning and it was charged up yesterday (~18 hours ago) and I haven't used it since being charged so it looks like I'm having the same problem. To be fair this is still the original battery so it's lasted quite well compared to what I've heard of other people's phones.

New batteries are ~£95 from what I've been told in the past but I'll see what O2 say about an iPhone 5, if there's not much in it I'll upgrade.

Give it a chance Steve...mine seems to have settled down for now. Persevere in getting it to come back on and then switch it on and off a few times and then re-charge it again..  that seems to have worked for me!

www.le-femme.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 February 2013 12:38
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Too late, I've ordered a 5, I didn't want the risk of it dying on me, especially since I saw a car accident this morning and thought to myself "if I were there, my phone wouldn't have worked".

I've also ordered a replacement battery for the 3GS so if I can fix it my mum can have a much better phone than her other handed-down 2G Nokia I gave her that's about 8 years old.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Tony Stephenson is off-line
05 February 2013 12:47
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
East Yorkshire
Driffield

Quote from RedChecker
Too late, I've ordered a 5, I didn't want the risk of it dying on me, especially since I saw a car accident this morning and thought to myself "if I were there, my phone wouldn't have worked".

I've also ordered a replacement battery for the 3GS so if I can fix it my mum can have a much better phone than her other handed-down 2G Nokia I gave her that's about 8 years old.

I got my 3GS given to me by one of my daughters... the other one is upgrading her 4S soon so I'll be getting that one but for now, this one will do.

www.le-femme.co.uk

38 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch bex_24 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017 missminiskirt Teela
android_man angelicmodels antoinewynn cliffc colinpierce Daddylonglense daveyboy12 diphoto Don_Dark donaldmac Forest glamorphotos Hioctane James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Jse_photography LGI malcie mghphoto mrdl rscott360 sinimiphotography siwalters steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 supaglam Thunder_Photos viewphotographic