Reminder Secure

Any suggestions for tickly cough remedies?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
31 January 2013 11:56
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As per title BUT the following criteria must be met:

- can't be medicines etc. that contain alcohol (very important)
- must be low on sugar
- can't contain Aspartame/Nutrasweet sweetner

Open to alternative suggestion such as playing bagpipes on a pogostick or any such thing.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Suzy Monty is off-line
31 January 2013 12:01
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Tickly under arms, or feet...which usually takes one's mind off tickly throat...laugh
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
31 January 2013 12:27
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

I am not a doctor or a lawyer.

I found scopolamine moderately effective as it reduces the quatity of fluids secreted in the nose and lungs as well as promoting drowsiness and sleep.

Clenbuterol worked pretty damn well for me, and parly counter-acted lethergy from the scopolamine. But seek medical advice first.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
31 January 2013 12:32
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

Kalms from boots helped me sleep when I had an irritating cough
Sugar free hard sweets. Tablets to reduce irritation of cough (boots again)

Robert Blandford is off-lineSilver Member
31 January 2013 14:21
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
New Zealand
Kirwee

I thought scopolamine was a truth drug from the late 60's early 70's, the name is used in a few spy and adventure war movies of that time ??

Razoir is off-line
31 January 2013 15:02
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from couchpotato
I thought scopolamine was a truth drug from the late 60's early 70's, the name is used in a few spy and adventure war movies of that time ??

Nah, Sodium Pentathol (thiopentone) is known as the truth drug. Actually very unreliable because while it may make the patient say things, they are not neccessarily true!

I am deperately trying to remember scopolamine. I think it was derived from the Deadly Nightshade, not sure*. The sequence of events used to be the patient was given a so-called 'pre-med' consisting of, usually, Omnopon (a narcotic) with scopolomine intra-muscularly, about an hour before going to theatre. This prepared the patient to receive the anaesthetic and made them calm and drowsy. The scopolomine dried up secretions, giving an unpleasant dry mouth but reducing the likelyhood of developing pneumonia. Then they were taken to theatre where they were given sodium pentathol intravenously to induce unconsciousness and were maintaned at the desired level of consciousness by a gas, such as halothane. They also had a dose of curare which parylised all their muscles, including the muscles of respiration, so the anaesthetist would keep them alive by ventilating them through a Boyle's machine.

Using scopolamine to treat a productive cough makes sense as it will reduce the amount of sputum produced in the bronchial tree. It is dangerous, so do not be tempted to go out and suck a Deadly Nightshade plant. Get it from a pharmacist.

*Although, the more I think about it, the more confident I get.

Edit for speddling!
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Matt Harper is off-line
31 January 2013 15:09
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Suicide ?

Razoir is off-line
31 January 2013 15:18
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Quote from mattharper
Suicide ?

No, no, no.....

hemp ropes give you a very sore throat.

Death By Chocolate, though.....
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Dominic Thurmer is off-linePlatinum Member
31 January 2013 15:25
dominicdgt
Photographer
dominicdgt
Kent
Gillingham

D800e, once you finally own it nothing else will bother you as much as it did!

Maddawg is off-line
31 January 2013 15:36
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
London

Have a look at Echinacea

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Just_Janine Krystald michelledefeo1 Welshrose2009
BOBREEVES copperbronze darimages dave@studio99 ellessephotography frankpht GGDP_Photography Lssm2 rscott360