Musicals

Angel3 is off-lineSilver Member
28 January 2013 20:07
angelique110
Model
angelique110
West Sussex
worthing

Valentine's day is coming up and me and my boy want to watch a musical.
I *really* wanted to wanted Phantom of the Opera, but the best tickets have sold out, so any other recommendations?
I've heard Lion King, Warhorse, Billy Elliot + Wicked are good, but are they really that good? Just want to make sure I'm seeing the right musical

PS I'm really not into cheesy stuff..

w4pictures is off-line
28 January 2013 20:27
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Time Out and the weekend broadsheets should have enough reviews for you to sort the fun from the schmaltz.

Not sure Warhorse is hugely valentiny. Nor indeed a musical. But it gets rave reviews.

28 January 2013 20:30
Webbo2
Photographer

Wicked is a must see in my books!
EYUP!

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
29 January 2013 05:13
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Wicked is brilliant, I saw Phantom on Saturday's matinee performance in restricted view seats and the view was 95% fine, so you don't really need expense seats imho.

Ratana Rose is off-line
29 January 2013 08:18
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

rocky horror picture show (if it still going) is good as is we will rock you is a good show (its sort of like the film rock of ages)

ive never been but ive heard vampires rock is supposed to be good

and then theres the classics like cats (once again if it still going)

Mantisphoto is off-lineSilver Member
29 January 2013 09:52
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Birmingham

Quote from Webbo2
Wicked is a must see in my books!

+1 for Wicked.

Also rate Joseph, Oliver, Grease, Les Mis, Sound of Music et al!!

djwilby is off-line
29 January 2013 10:01
djwilby
Photographer
djwilby
Essex
Dagenham

Hard to recommend something when I don't know what you like.

I have seen most of the shows in the West End and I find the best (first time round) are the ones I already know some of the music/songs.

You could try Mama Mia (Abba) or We will rock you (Queen) - these only use the groups music and are not about the bands - I'm off to see We will rock you, for the second time in a couple of weeks!
There is also Jersey Boys (60's music) or Let it Be (Beatles).
Then we have Thriller (Michael Jackson) - haven't seen this one but it has been running a while, which is normally a good sign!
One of the newest is Viva Forever (Spice Girls) - I haven't heard good things about this one but I will have a first hand report in a couple of weeks.

Some of the old ones you may know more than you think - Phantom, Les Mis, Singing in the Rain, Lion King.

War Horse isn't a musical as such, but IMO well worth going to see.

You can sometimes get a good deal on tickets at Lastminute.com - I have made lots of bookings through here and although you sometimes don't know where you are going to sit, I haven't been let down yet.

Whatever you decide to see, I hope you have a good evening.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Rupert Rudd is off-line
29 January 2013 10:05
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Chorus Line has had good reviews but I found it dreary the first time round. Banging on about homosexuality. The main actor sits in the audience and there is no scenery.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Laura Jo is off-line
29 January 2013 15:01
Neonpink
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
Neonpink
Greater Manchester
Manchester

I went to see Lion King in Manchester and it were brilliant, everything about it were just so good. The costumes are amazing!

If you're a fan of the film you will LOVE it x

HowardJ is off-line
29 January 2013 15:54
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Wicked is good. One of my friend's nieces is in it.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
HazelAries Krystald missminiskirt winX
bernadinism bob casell clarmike cliffc duncanjames freddie ianscales Impression James7799 Johnathons Kjoservices Lumen nemesis Nessie nunude ohkan orca_photography pellium Steveharratt Thunder_Photos