Serious question

beauvoir is off-line
28 January 2013 16:34
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

What do I buy two lesbians for their civil ceremony? I have no idea.

And before anyone says that it's just the same as buying a gift for a straight couple, I already know that, except it's not.

Hers and Hers towels? Urgh, so hard.

x

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
28 January 2013 16:41
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

If they've already got a shared home, ask them if there's anything they'd like for their home.

Alternately, buy something from a quality department store where they can happily exchange it for something they need or want.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Jenny Wren is off-line
28 January 2013 16:44
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

Personally I'd be happy with a set of new wheels for the car and a set of lowering springs, but then I'm not normal...

Ummm, a pretty photoframe for their wedding pictures? Never mind the fact that they are a gay couple, without knowing the personalities of the couple in question it's hard to suggest anything.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

beauvoir is off-line
28 January 2013 16:44
beauvoir
Model
beauvoir
Birmingham
Birmingham

They have a baby. Do I buy something for that?

Ratana Rose is off-line
28 January 2013 16:48
RattusRock
Model
RattusRock
County Durham
durham

did you just call there child 'that'

just buy them something non gender specific, pretty easy really

Jenny Wren is off-line
28 January 2013 16:50
JennyWren
Model
JennyWren
Dorset
Shaftesbury

It might be a nice gesture to buy the child something, maybe a scrap book or a memory box for a record of the day as the child will be too young to remember. Doesn't have to be expensive, a gift box from Clintons would do.
Shoes give me endorphins, endorphins make me happy, happy models don't stab photographers!

rc is off-lineSilver Member
28 January 2013 16:52
reserva89
Photographer
reserva89
West Yorkshire
Leeds

ask them what they want or what about gift vouchers from shops where you know they shop?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 January 2013 17:05
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from reserva89
ask them what they want or what about gift vouchers from shops where you know they shop?

In this economic climate that's a terrible idea - a good chance the shop could go belly-up before they get chance to spend them.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

andyh is off-line
28 January 2013 17:10
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Pair of dildos and a fondue set. Covering all bases
www.andyh.info/blog.php

JackR is off-line
28 January 2013 18:21
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
West Midlands
Burntwood

Quote from andy_h
Pair of dildos and a fondue set. Covering all bases

. Quality response ....

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Coldasice80 mandymack xxalixx
chandos extra_mayo frankpht Jamesfitzpatrick JohnDentonPhoto LGI modelimages4u NatashaCalamita Pegasuspics rscott360