Victoria Howard is off-line
14 May 2013 13:28
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Quote from HowardJ
I tried paying in photographs at Tesco. They declined. I'm still trying to find a petrol station that'll take them too.

Sadly I have had the same reaction too, the HMRC were downright inflexible and Natwest insisted on money as well.  Has anybody tried Asda?

HowardJ is off-line
14 May 2013 15:05
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Victoria_Howard
Has anybody tried Asda?

Yep, they said no.

I tried my mortgage company and they said no.

I then tried the local chip shop and they said no too.

Weirdly they all wanted that stuff called money.

14 May 2013 15:44
PaulManuell
Photographer

Well it worked for me, trading photos for goods. I asked in my local Tesco if I could pay for my shopping with photos. They agreed, saying I could have goods based on my photographic ability. 5 minutes later I exit the store, the proud owner of a Tesco Value toilet roll. Result

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
14 May 2013 16:17
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Quote from PaulManuell
Well it worked for me, trading photos for goods. I asked in my local Tesco if I could pay for my shopping with photos. They agreed, saying I could have goods based on my photographic ability. 5 minutes later I exit the store, the proud owner of a Tesco Value toilet roll. Result

Used?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

14 May 2013 16:43
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from skymouse
Used?

After a breakfast of beans on toast and a large bowl of All Bran, yes.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caz0054 hayleyrooney pinklilly Tashaholz
bazza53 dorrian jayfish jccj1 Jobbo51 keltica Ladiesman mauricesimagery mikeA mlp MrDL nik300 ownimage RealityImaging Spiritofwales steveh32 tms Vinceb Willy_O