Reminder Secure

What would you wish for?

28 January 2013 16:27
JadedRed
Model

Quote from CSD_Images
Not quite. Happiness is a state of mind, it can be found not with material distractions but rather with finding yourself. Something that people rarely do these days, the want to spend their life away without looking at what's important themselves and understand what truly makes them tick. Sadly most people only find this when they hit a crisis.

This is called many things, a religious revelation, finding your centre, inner peace and so on. Once you found that then you realise how fleeting material wealth is.

I 'found' myself years ago, it was very easy, it never helped with the hunger pains in my stomach or the cold of a winter's night though.

28 January 2013 17:20
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from diipii
If you think doing without a loved one is a cliche you should try it.

I don't think doing without a loved one is a cliché - far from it. What I meant (and said as much in explanation in the next few words on my OP) was that WISHING for that and a couple of other things is a cliché, not the actual wish itself. Everybody would want loved ones back if they could, myself included. Again, I said as much in my OP. I'm certainly not trivialising that particular wish, which is what I think you're alluding to.

Hazel Ashton is off-line
28 January 2013 17:30
Hazel_Ashton
Model
Hazel_Ashton
West Yorkshire
Leeds

I am certainly not poor nor am I rich in real life but I'd love to be wealthy to help my mum out cos she struggles and has always struggled and I would love for her to be able to enjoy herself, I would also love to go and see the world at the drop of a hat!
Hazel - Contact me for any photoshoots you want to do if your interested

28 January 2013 17:34
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from JadedRed
I 'found' myself years ago, it was very easy, it never helped with the hunger pains in my stomach or the cold of a winter's night though.

Totally agree, all the 'find yourself' advice in the world means Jack s**t when you can't pay the bills. I've never been in that position, fortunately, but certainly know what it's like to be counting down the days till pay day. Money DOES make a difference, no matter what any self appointed moralist says.

8 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
caitlindc prettypolly
ansonphotography Belemboo cygnet drew1299 ellessephotography musicman