Reminder Secure

Any photographers had a heart attack and how long.....

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Doug Ross is off-line
27 January 2013 04:29
DougRossPhotographic
Photographer
DougRossPhotographic
Central
Falkirk

Listen to your Doctor , Cardiologist and the Cardiac Rehab Team, especially the Rehab team!
Smile.......'Today is the first day of the rest of your life!'

David Nuttall is off-lineSilver Member
27 January 2013 11:38
DavidN
Photographer

Kent
Dartford

I had mine in 2001, in Gibraltar - walking up the steep hills there makes this a fairly common occurrence for visitors. With the right medication, I was back at work 6 weeks later and then had a stent fitted a few months after that. I now have two good arteries around my heart, one held open by a stent and one dead one, but I'm still shooting!
It's different for everybody, so listen to your medical professionals. Keep your weight under control and take regular, steady exercise. Good luck!

andyh is off-line
27 January 2013 17:29
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Glad you're on the mend mate
www.andyh.info/blog.php

28 January 2013 12:00
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and advice. Although the HA was a shock it certainly wasn't a surprise, after years of eating saturated fat with my saturated fat, with side servings of the same. The change has been instant though and exercise and healthy eating has already become the norm (well, gentle exercise for now). Hopefully the weight will drop off and I will feel and look like a different man in a few months.

Was able to pop into the studio on Saturday and take a handful of behind the scenes shots for a mate---good fun
"I wont give in until I have complained about everything"

28 January 2013 12:00
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and advice. Although the HA was a shock it certainly wasn't a surprise, after years of eating saturated fat with my saturated fat, with side servings of the same. The change has been instant though and exercise and healthy eating has already become the norm (well, gentle exercise for now). Hopefully the weight will drop off and I will feel and look like a different man in a few months.

Was able to pop into the studio on Saturday and take a handful of behind the scenes shots for a mate---good fun
"I wont give in until I have complained about everything"

Moi is off-line
28 January 2013 12:55
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Hi Chris

Probably the worse thing is the memory loss, not knowing whether youve pressed the send button or not

Hope you're back shooting soon, maybe we can get together over a carrot juice and a museili bar
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
28 January 2013 13:16
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

healthy eating has already become the norm (well, gentle exercise for now). Hopefully the weight will drop off and I will feel and look like a different man in a few months.

I have lost 2 stone as well I joined SLIMMING WORLD and it actually works.. my wife as well,has gone from size 16/18 to 12 healthy eating and people to assist you. Bob R.

28 January 2013 13:20
Dani-Elle
Model

Quote from DavidN
I had mine in 2001, in Gibraltar - walking up the steep hills there makes this a fairly common occurrence for visitors. With the right medication, I was back at work 6 weeks later and then had a stent fitted a few months after that. I now have two good arteries around my heart, one held open by a stent and one dead one, but I'm still shooting!

It's different for everybody, so listen to your medical professionals. Keep your weight under control and take regular, steady exercise. Good luck!

Please come and give my dad a lecture!
If a job is worth doing, Is worth doing right.

David Nuttall is off-lineSilver Member
28 January 2013 14:57
DavidN
Photographer

Kent
Dartford

Quote from Dani-Elle
Please come and give my dad a lecture!

It's difficult changing the habits we get into, but so many of us nowadays lead a sedentary life and maybe eat (and drink!) only a little too much. Over the years, little by little, the ounces become pounds and the pounds become stones and we become more and more immobile.
If you're lucky, a heart attack is nature's way of telling you you're doing it wrong, but for many there's no second chance.
Keep working on your dad!

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Carinasl Dadshouse12 missminiskirt PrettyDiamond RISelene rob452 Zhiying
biggles485 bob22 djb1 fannmore frankpht geoffmarchant Jse_photography mrdl Nwphotosinc1 paulj1980 photomart Platidonio quercus rscott360