Reminder Secure

Any photographers had a heart attack and how long.....

This thread is being watched by 1 person
25 January 2013 14:26
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

......was it before you were shooting again?

I had mine last Tuesday and have been given a sick note for 6 weeks.
I have only done 2 shoots this year so far (was shooting when I had the attack!) and I am getting a very 'itchy trigger' finger, as I usually
shoot all available time I have.

Anyone here had one, and how long did it take you get 'back on the horse'?   frown
"I wont give in until I have complained about everything"

25 January 2013 14:50
BicycleRacer
Photographer

Quote from GrimeAndGlamour
......was it before you were shooting again?

I had mine last Tuesday and have been given a sick note for 6 weeks.
I have only done 2 shoots this year so far (was shooting when I had the attack!) and I am getting a very 'itchy trigger' finger, as I usually
shoot all available time I have.

Anyone here had one, and how long did it take you get 'back on the horse'?  

Anything to do with the rates the model was charging ?

The Norfolk Bargee  is off-line
26 January 2013 05:13
BOBREEVES
Photographer

Northamptonshire
Northampton

I've had three heart attacks and they have all been different. After the first 'procedure' (angioplasty) I felt great with in weeks UNTIL the stent fitted, failed and blocked up. This has happened twice now I have Five 'stents' keeping my arteries open. However I have lost my HGV licence and life has never been the same. I just take one day at a time ..If I feel good ..I do it if I don't.... I take it easy. The good thing is, if it was 25 years ago.... I'd have been dead now. Big thanks to Papworth hospital. 'The Norfolk Bargee'

Applephoto is off-linePlatinum Member
26 January 2013 06:49
Andrew_Appleton
Photographer
Andrew_Appleton
Lincolnshire
London and Lincoln

Yes, had mine in 1996 when I was in my mid 40s. I had the full job and was jump started by the crash team. Off work for 3 months. I didn't have a stent or by-pass as only one of the arteries has closed up. Annual check-ups, a cocktail of tablets and hardly any angina. It made me re-evaluate my life and I am happier now than I have ever been.

PM me if you want more info.

Andrew.
Photography training | workshops | one 2 one

Durham Photographics is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2013 07:35
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
County Durham

Never had one, but just wanted to say best of luck G&G, sorry to hear it.

26 January 2013 07:52
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

Quote from BOBREEVES
I've had three heart attacks and they have all been different. After the first 'procedure' (angioplasty) I felt great with in weeks UNTIL the stent fitted, failed and blocked up. This has happened twice now I have Five 'stents' keeping my arteries open. However I have lost my HGV licence and life has never been the same. I just take one day at a time ..If I feel good ..I do it if I don't.... I take it easy. The good thing is, if it was 25 years ago.... I'd have been dead now. Big thanks to Papworth hospital. 'The Norfolk Bargee'

The hospitals (I was in 2) have been fantastic here too. I guess I have been fortunate as I didnt get a stent put in. The doctor said it will probably heal with just the pills. I felt very weak the first few days but I must admit the last 2 days I have started to feel ok. Leaving the house for the firtst time properly today

26 January 2013 07:57
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

Quote from Andrew_Appleton
Yes, had mine in 1996 when I was in my mid 40s. I had the full job and was jump started by the crash team. Off work for 3 months. I didn't have a stent or by-pass as only one of the arteries has closed up. Annual check-ups, a cocktail of tablets and hardly any angina. It made me re-evaluate my life and I am happier now than I have ever been. PM me if you want more info. Andrew.

Sounds like mine(the 'after' bit not the actual attack!)
Five different pills for the rest of my life...but thats ok--I can deal with that
The re-evaulation bit is slightly more difficult. I have a job a hate with a passion and makes me miserable and has definitely helped towards my HA. However I will have to go back (bills etc) even though I know leaving now would be the sensible thing to do. I am looking for other things but difficult at my age. Going full time photog is a possibilty but too scared to do that right now.

26 January 2013 07:58
GrimeAndGlamour
Photographer

Quote from Sarge
Never had one, but just wanted to say best of luck G&G, sorry to hear it.

Thanks Matt, appreciate that

Andy Watson is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2013 08:46
Andy2344
Photographer
Andy2344
Ayrshire

G&G
Sorry to hear that.

I'm slightly different in that I had septicaemia which led to major organ failure including heart failure. Different, I know, but just as impactive. I also have a job and was off for just under 6 months. The hardest bit for me has been the energy levels and rebuilding stamina.

Quite frustrating because your body soon lets you know when you push too hard. I did take advantage of being off by doing a huge amount of training with video and on line then trying out as much as possible in my living room.

Getting out and about was more of an issue. I'm 6'4" and described as some sort of brick toilet? but I couldn't believe the lack of strength in my arms (glad they invented the tripod) when holding my D700 for any length of time.

I would recommend slow and steady (yip it's a pain getting told that constantly).

Best of luck and speedy recovery.

Andy

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
26 January 2013 19:07
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Sorry to hear of your heart attack, hope you're on the mend

Sit yourself down and have a rest, your body obviously needs it.
If you're itchy, shoot something where the results are meaningless...... landscape, still life, boring stuff if you will
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz casell lfc9_uk